Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Book Review Discussion: Longing for Home by Sarah M. Eden

Book: Longing for Home by Sarah M. Eden
Genre: Historical Romance
Rating:★★★☆ ☆
For: Utah Book Month
From: I bought it.

Short Synopsis: Katie is from Ireland. She had a terrible time there due to the potato famine. She is now in America trying to make a life for herself so she can get back to Ireland to make amends with her parents. This finds her in Wyoming as a housekeeper to a guy and his two daughters. Things are not as she expected, but she figures it out. What she really doesn't expect is to get right smack in the middle of the town conflict between the Irish people and the other people. And somehow, everyone is counting on her to fix it.

My Response: I enjoyed the romance. Very sweet, though beware, it's a triangle! And the Irish culture was awesome to learn about. But I got tired of the conflict... it seemed repetitive. Like, okay, I get it...now.. on with the story! Also, I didn't get why Katie herself was so important to the solving of this issue. I mean, really? Strange. Anyway, I do want to keep reading the sequel to find out who she picks, though it seems obvious at the moment. Both love interests are pretty wonderful and I can see her dilemma!

Bottom Line: Sweet, fun story. Nothing to rave about but it was enjoyable to read.

Let's Talk About: Accents. Ireland has an awesome one, just like Scotland and I enjoyed the portrayal of this accent and their sayings very much in this book. Do you like it when an author writes the brogue of a certain language? Or does it make you crazy and take you out of the story?

Other Reviews:

Of course, there are a couple of handsome men to add confusion to the mix. This is called "A Proper Romance", after all. From Good Clean Reads

I realized that as I was getting closer to the end of the story that it was an actual story as well and I enjoyed that aspect of this author. From Minding Spot

One of the best parts of this book is the hilarious banter that the characters toss back and forth between one another. From Gamila's Book Review


2 comments:

  1. Yep. You pretty much summarized my exact thoughts on this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'll be passing on this one. I'm very tired of the love triangle thing and I hate when romantic conflict drags on for too long. Great review :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails