Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I'm Not So Sure About

The prompt at The Broke and the Bookish today is "to read or not to read?" Or.. what books are we not too sure about reading. Here's what's on my list:

1. Dragonfly in Amber by Diana Gabaldon: This is the second Outlander book and with all the hoopla about the new TV show (yes I watched that first episode. Yes I totally loved it. Scottish music, Scottish accents... so much swoonishness!) it makes me want to keep reading this series, but there were so many things about that first book that disturbed me I'm not sure about it! These books make me nervous.

2. And the same goes for the Game of Throne books. I read the first one and wow wow wow. I'm so curious about the rest of the series, but I just don't think I can stomach it.

3. My daughter wants me to finish reading the Percy Jackson books and I just can't muster up any enthusiasm for them!

4. I'm not even a little bit interested in J.K. Rowling's adult books.  But sheesh, it's J.K.!

5. I've been seeing this Me Before You book everywhere. Is it for me? Is it not? I'm not sure.

6. I wonder if I'll ever read Crescendo by Becca Fitzpatrick. Once yes. Now, I'm not so sure.

7. There are many Oprah books that I bought back in the day that I wonder if I'll ever read now. Some still seem a bit appealing, others not so much.

8. I have Requiem by Lauren Oliver on my kindle, the final in that series. People haven't said good things about it. But I want to finish the series, and yet, I don't want to waste time on it if it's really terrible!

9. Even though I love Maggie Steifvater, I'm not sure I'll ever finish (only read the first one) that werewolf trilogy of hers. I think what she's done since is much much better. So it'll make me crazy to go back to that, right?

10. And to end, something I am pretty sure about, I highly doubt I'll ever read that one 50 shades series. You know the one? :)

How about you? What books do you wonder if you'll ever read?


3 comments:

  1. Interesting! I made a post discussion on Saturday titled To Finish a Book or Not? I am happy to hear other bloggers views. http://booketta.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/to-finish-book-or-not.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I agree with your list and your reasons behind it ...Yep :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I write two comments that keeping getting bumped. Ugh. Mobile devices and blogger are iffy.

    Loved reading your list.
    Outlander....my favorite series, hands down. Jamie and Claire, my favorite couple, hands down. This series is epic. The relationship between Jamie and Claire is deep, and doesn't stay stagnant, their respect, hinesty and love for each other is...well...more in line with how real coules ought to be than any other fictional couple that I've read. I admire Fiana Gabaldon. Her talent amazes me; her books develop, and Te depth of her stokers are incredible. But not everyone loves these books...I get it. There are lots of other books out their to love...these just are the ultimate, for me. I understand there are hard scenes to read, but for me, they are not gratuitous.

    Game of Thrones. Those are tough books. Lots of violence,and such. It's been awhile since I read the first four books. I really really liked them. I could read them again. But they are no way cozy books. I have no interest to watch the tv series. I don't do well with actually watching violence, and sex scenes are thought to view too (but I don't think that will bother me much with Outlander).

    Your wise to stay away from 50 Shades....they're so poorly written. Yuck. You know my thoughts.

    Not a fan of oprah so yeah...don't tend to read her book choices.

    I am pretty picky about what YA books I'll read these days which actually means not too many appeal to me anymore.

    I am curious about J.K. Rawlings adult books. I will probably give her first one a go at some point. LOVE her Harry Potter books....love the movies too.


    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails