The Broke and the Bookish today is "to read or not to read?" Or.. what books are we not too sure about reading. Here's what's on my list:
1. Dragonfly in Amber by Diana Gabaldon: This is the second Outlander book and with all the hoopla about the new TV show (yes I watched that first episode. Yes I totally loved it. Scottish music, Scottish accents... so much swoonishness!) it makes me want to keep reading this series, but there were so many things about that first book that disturbed me I'm not sure about it! These books make me nervous.
2. And the same goes for the Game of Throne books. I read the first one and wow wow wow. I'm so curious about the rest of the series, but I just don't think I can stomach it.
3. My daughter wants me to finish reading the Percy Jackson books and I just can't muster up any enthusiasm for them!
4. I'm not even a little bit interested in J.K. Rowling's adult books. But sheesh, it's J.K.!
5. I've been seeing this Me Before You book everywhere. Is it for me? Is it not? I'm not sure.
6. I wonder if I'll ever read Crescendo by Becca Fitzpatrick. Once yes. Now, I'm not so sure.
7. There are many Oprah books that I bought back in the day that I wonder if I'll ever read now. Some still seem a bit appealing, others not so much.
8. I have Requiem by Lauren Oliver on my kindle, the final in that series. People haven't said good things about it. But I want to finish the series, and yet, I don't want to waste time on it if it's really terrible!
9. Even though I love Maggie Steifvater, I'm not sure I'll ever finish (only read the first one) that werewolf trilogy of hers. I think what she's done since is much much better. So it'll make me crazy to go back to that, right?
10. And to end, something I am pretty sure about, I highly doubt I'll ever read that one 50 shades series. You know the one? :)
How about you? What books do you wonder if you'll ever read?