Saturday, August 2, 2014

Blogging for Salt Lake Comic Con!

I have cool news! The Salt Lake Comic Con people have started a blog and they asked for help from bloggers to write posts and I said... pick me! And they did! Along with a handful of other bloggers of course. So I'll be writing a few posts for them on...wait for it... books and authors! Shocking, I know! :)

I'll be sure to let you know when my posts go up (and maybe some of the others too) so you can all click on over there and show me all the love. You will, right? Of course right.

This all means that I'll get to actually GO to Comic Con this year too, which I'm so very excited about. It's happening September 4-6.  I don't really know what to expect. I'm a little worried about the crowds and feeling lost and overwhelmed, but I'm sure I will figure it out and embrace the experience. They are in the process of announcing the celebrity guests that will be coming. So far I'm excited about Cary Elwes, Danny Glover, Christopher Lloyd, Barbara Eden, John Barrowman, Alan Tudyk, Manu Bennett, David Morrissey (oh my word The Governor!)... for starters.

Also, do I have to cosplay? I mean, I'm okay with that as long it's an extremely simple thing, very comfortable especially the shoes, and nothing that will make me too hot in a crowd. Suggestions? Maybe I can just wear my bookish/nerdy tshirts?


Anyway, here's hoping it's all a wonderful experience and the beginning of a beautiful friendship! Come along for the ride with me.


7 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Stephanie: Thanks for catching that. I don't know how I got dates so mixed up! Fixed now!

      Delete
  2. Congratulations! That's so exciting and I'll be watching for your posts :-)

    Tanya Patrice
    Girlxoxo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is pretty darn awesome! I hope you enjoy yourself. I'm a bit jealous. I'm still waiting to decide about going until bigger celebs are announced. I'm holding out for Tom Hiddleston and Ewan McGregor. (Tom is first in the case because he has a bigger chance of being invited/coming.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so awesome!!! I cannot wait to see what you have to write, and of course, hearing all about your experiences. I have yet to attend a ComicCon, but I want to!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails