Monday, August 4, 2014

Book Review Discussion: Guitar Notes by Mary Amato

Book: Guitar Notes by Mary Amato
Genre: MG Contemporary 
Rating:★★★☆☆
For: Fun
From: The library

Short Synopsis: The kids are assigned a time to use the practice rooms at school. Turns out that the boy, Tripp, who isn't even supposed to be using the room as he is not in orchestra and just wants to practice the school's guitar since his mom kidnapped his own guitar, leaves some garbage one day. The girl, Lyla, who is a genius cello player, gets upset at the garbage and leaves him a note. And so it goes.. many many notes later, they became amazing musical friends. Only. . . things don't go quite as they expect.

My Response: Very cute story! I loved the music stuff and was surprised by the events at the end which left me even a little weepy. Though it's predictable and there's not much deepness to it, it's cute and fun and worth it for music lovers, especially those that want to learn the all the songs the kids make up during the story. They are all included in the back. Awesome.

Bottom Line: I really enjoyed it!

Let's Talk About: Don't you just love music books? I mean... books about music! What are some of your favorites?

Other Reviews:

Guitar Notes was a refreshing and uplifting read. At the end, I felt satisfied and inspired and just moved. From The Book Addict

The story is a sweet one and although the ending is a little too abrupt for my liking, I think it's a worthwhile book to read. From Lyrics

This is a beautifully written and engaging story about two teens learning, growing, and bonding over music. From Teen Librarian Toolbox

2 comments:

  1. This sounds like a sweet read. Is it done mostly in notes? Fun format!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I've actually read any books about music, but it seems like it could be a fun topic :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails