Saturday, April 19, 2014

A to Z Blogging: How About a Little QUEEN?


Have you I told you? I love Queen. Like pretty much every song. And since the beginning too, I think. When did they begin anyway? I got the 45 record (look it up if you don't know what that is) We Will Rock You for I think it was my 13th birthday and I was in heaven with that. And in 9th grade I was totally obsessed with Another One Bites the Dust. Oh my word. I loved that song.

Here's my little 45 record collection. Queen is in there somewhere.

But my all time favorite was and still is Bohemian Rhapsody. There is no way, NO WAY, you can listen to this song and not break out singing right along with them. Am I right?



 I always wonder that had I been a teenager in YouTube days would my obsessions have been different? I had no idea what these guys looked like. I'd never seen them perform live or anything. We didn't have MTV yet, or it was just new (besides it was on cable and I didn't have a TV let alone cable!) and I didn't go to concerts or anything. I was just totally in love with the music and the singing itself. Nice.

 Anyway, just because I love it so much too, I must also include Another One Bites the Dust:

   

What's your favorite Queen song?

 For more A to Z posts, check the link!

6 comments:

  1. Totally agree about Bohemian Rhapsody. Never a song like it. He was pure genius. A song writer like no other.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Queen too. Bohemian Rhapsody is my favorite, but I love his other songs too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Queen is a classic!! Love them! This is also where I must admit that I just made my kids listen to We Are The Champions the other day and now my daughter will walk around singing it ... when she's not singing Let It Go, of course!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used Queen too! lol Was too hard to resist :)

    Happy A to Z-ing!
    ~Anna
    herding cats & burning soup.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had a roommate briefly in college who was a big Queen fan. My favorite was "I want to ride my bicycle" (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ii1VuMX_G88).

    Dropping by from the A to Z Challenge!

    John Holton
    http://thesoundofonehandtyping.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Queen! Right now my favorite is "I Want to Break Free" and "The Show Must Go On."

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails