I skipped Throwback Thursday last week, but I thought I'd participate again today with a look yet again at a rambling post from the past. These rambling posts are so much fun for me to revisit since it makes me really see how things change, and yet how they stay the same.
This post is from back in January of 2010, more than four years ago. What was I talking about then? Here's the post copied and pasted here:
And what are my observations now?
- Ah Les Mis! Still one of our favorites. It's fun to look back and remember how obsessed we were after my daughter read it. Our obsession waxes and wanes through the years. Currently, we haven't listened to it or seen it for quite awhile. But soon, I predict, we'll have a resurgence!
- North and South! And I wonder if this is one of the first times I posted about Richard Armitage? I have no idea, but you can bet it wasn't the last. He also waxes and wanes on this blog! Oh my gosh, but I love that picture of him. And later this year, a bunch of us plan to revisit North and South yet again. This book, this show, this actor is NOT going away anytime soon!
- Oh, the Bookword Game! Raise you hand if you remember that feature here! That was fun times, yes. Fun times. I don't know what bookword we came up with for a movie actor you can't get out of your head, but I'm sure it was a good one. :)
- Oh, that delurker post I referred to was a good one. I was so excited because I'd never had so many comments as I had that day! Wow. That was cool. I probably haven't had as many comments since either. Do I still have lurkers? I always wonder about my lurkers. HEY HI LURKERS! I hope you are still here and lurking and reading and enjoying!
- Warbreaker by Brandon Sanderson. Awesome book. Still one of my favorites. And The Classics Circuit. Remember that anyone? Fun project from back in the day.
- OH and TIF! Probably my first connection with Tif who is now one of my favorite blogging buddies! We were both trying to promote local authors. I think both of our projects have fallen by the wayside, at least our push and promotion for them, but as you know, my quest to read and support Utah authors is an ongoing and never ending quest.
- Hmmm.. Sherlock Holmes? It must have been the first movie with RDJ. That was fun.
- Book fair again. I blogged a lot about book fair and now... nothing! But the memories are good ones.