Wednesday, May 1, 2013

April 2013 Reading Wrap Up


I really enjoyed this month's books! What a bunch of different things I ended up consuming! This really hasn't been a bad month considering I hardly read the last week. I was on such a roll there for a bit, and then came to a screeching halt. I'm working on getting the momentum back this week!

Anyway, here's what I read this month:

Pivot Point by Kasie West: Addison has to use her ability to see the consequences of choices in order to pick who she will live with, her mom or her dad.

Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor: Karou unravels many mysterious things about her strange upbringing, which leads her to a discovery she never saw coming.

The Eternity Cure by Julie Kagawa: The continuing story of Ally and her quest to find a cure to the plague that has taken over her world

Diary of a Single Mormon Female by Aleesa Sutton: Diary entries from the author detailing her desire to some day get married.

I Am the Messenger by Markus Zusak: Ed has to decipher the clues on the cards he starts getting in the mail which leads him to help out random people in his town.

Doppelganger by Milda Harris: Citrus discovers that she has been copied and her life has been taken over!

Someday, Someday Maybe by Lauren Graham: Franny wants to become an actress, but it's a hard, frustrating, and sometimes funny, endeavor.

True by Erin McCarthy: Rory starts dating bad boy Tyler and finds out that he might not be so very bad after all.

Favorites of the bunch: Daughter of Smoke and Bone, Pivot Point and of course I Am the Messenger.

Plans for May:
  • maybe possibly re-read 1984 for book club
  • finish Quintana of Charyn
  • maybe possibly finish Vanity Fair!! :)
  • read some things for Once Upon a Time like:
  • Hood
  • Everbound
  • read some more NetGalley books like:
  • Transparent
  • The Rose Thorn
  • read The Lucy Variations which also comes out this month
What's on your list?


5 comments:

  1. Good luck with Lucy ...I had a tough time with that...finished Eternity cure and love the smoke and bone series too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make me jealous each time I read your monthly recaps. I need more time to read! Well, actually, I need to learn to read faster so I can get through more books. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm...I am The Messenger sounds pretty compelling...may need to add that to my wishlist...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just started Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell as part of a Twitter readalong. I'm hoping May brings a much better reading month. My last day of work is the 17th and I cannot wait!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really want to read The Lucy Variations now because of your review. I'm a pianist and I've never read a novel that really goes into music. I think I would love it.

    Great reading plans. Are you going to Natalie Whipple's launch party for Transparent? Can't wait to see what you think of it.

    I can't believe how much you read in April! I read like 4 books a month. Go you :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails