Tuesday, May 14, 2013
Top Ten Tuesday: Tough Stuff
Last week was light, this week is heavy. And strangely enough, heavy is easier!
Top Ten Heavy Tough Stuff Books
1. Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson (rape)
2. The Boy in the Striped Pajamas by John Boyne (holocaust)
3. The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck (drought, starvation, discrimination)
4. The Fault in our Stars by John Green (cancer)
5. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak (more holocaust)
6. Room by Emma Donoghue (kidnapping, abuse)
7. Snow Flower and the Secret Fan by Lisa See (foot binding and other old China customs)
8. A Fine Balance by Rohinton Mistry (poverty, discrimination, corruption)
9. To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee (more racial discrimination)
10. The House at Tyneford by Natasha Solomons (war)
And yes, I love my heavy books!
Be sure to link up your list over at the Broke and the Bookish!