However, I want to go further and take an old post, show it to you and then "update it"... sort of. Make a new post that discusses and old post. Something like that. I thought it would be fun to start doing something like this as part of my "wow I've been at this blogging thing for seven years next week!" celebration. Anyway, we'll see how it goes.
So I looked over some old posts... really old posts. Wow. That's a trip. And here's one I wrote on September 7, 2007:
Misc. Book Thoughts for the Day
What I'm thinking today, regarding books anyway:
I guess that's all of my main book thoughts for today!
Have a great weekend people!
And now... my current comments on my old post:
1. Yes, I had come into my Markus Zusak infatuation by this time! Little did I know how it would TAKE OVER!
2. Ah, so GLAD that they re-printed Underdog so I could get my hands on my very own copy and read it! Lovely little story, the introduction to a sweet character named Cameron Wolfe.
3. Ah.. reading books for the book fair! The good old days! I loved doing that. I saw someone the other day who is still over there at the elementary school doing book fair and it sounds like all is well. I do wonder, however, if someone gathers a bunch of books to read ahead of time in order to talk them up to the kids. I wonder.
4. I next talk about Bud and his AP English class. This is the son who is GETTING MARRIED TOMORROW! I don't think he's read a book for fun for.... I would say years now. This is a very sad thing. I wonder if his life will calm down sometime in order for him to feel like he can read a book again.
6. Being excited about Eragon and Inkheart! That seems so forever ago! I loved them though.
7. Ah, the Amazon wishlist. I use it for my own wishing, but haven't really shared it much for others to use to get me things. It's a strange feeling doing that I guess.
Fun look back! I think I will have to do this again sometime! Not sure if it will be every Thursday, but maybe. We'll see!
Do you have an old post you'd like to share? Link up over at Mom's Small Victories!