My highlight this month:
from Through the Ever Night by Veronica Rossi
|(I have no idea who this is in real life|
but this is just how I picture Roar
only wearing black of course!)
Why do I think he's so cool?
- He a sidekick character and it seems that in most cases, the sidekick is more swoon worthy than even the main love interest. He gives Perry the run for his money on this!
- He "has a prince's look but a pirate's eyes."
- He's dark and mysterious and wears black "from head to toe."
- He laughs... a lot.
- He hides behind the facade of his swagger, which he has going in spades.
- He is funny and witty and silly and crazy.
- He fights with knives.
- He has enhanced hearing, and can even hear Aria's thoughts if he's touching her.
- He's extremely suave and smooth with Aria, which makes you wonder what he really feels, but we know he is in love with Perry's sister, Liv. So, there's that.
- He sort of reminds me of Jacob in the sense that Aria, our heroine, seems to sort of need him to ground and center herself.
Have you read these books? Do you love Roar too? And why?
There's a "middle of the series" book out that tells the story of Roar and Liv. I think I better snag that one!