Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday: Hooky Books


Today's prompt over at The Broke and the Bookish is... what books would you like to play hooky with? So, for me, this means what books suck me in so much that I don't want to do anything that I HAVE to do, those books that when I do go about my day, I can't stop thinking about, and I want to get back to them in a desperate way, those books that, while maybe don't have a high literary value (whatever that means) have a really awesome story value. (Sounds like a post subject for another day! Whew. Deep.) So, let's see what comes to mind!

Top Ten Books I Have or Would Play Hooky With
(in other words, some I've read and would have, some I haven't read and want to... and if that doesn't make sense to you, it's okay, we'll let it go for now!)

1.The Passage by Justin Cronin
2. The Twelve by Justin Cronin (coming out in October)
3. Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss
4. The Wise Man's Fear by Patrick Rothfuss (I know you are all getting sick of me listing this book and are thinking.... would you just read it ALREADY! Let me play hooky and I will!)
5. The Hunger Games series by Suzanne Collins (of course!)
6. The Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer (you know you did and/or want to!)
7. The Forsyte Saga by John Galsworthy (I've mentioned many times how when I read this book, I was totally absorbed. So much fun!)
8. The Far Pavilions by M.M. Kaye (I want so bad to read this one again to see if it consumes me now the way it did back then.)
9. The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova (I couldn't step away from this one!)
10. Anything by ______________ (you fill in the blank!)

So what books would you like to skip out on life for?


4 comments:

  1. YES The Passage! I knew I forgot one. I bought this not too long ago and literally the second I got home with it, my husband grabbed it and is taking FOREVER to read it. Arelkjslej Hurry up, man!!! I'm already excited about The Twelve and I haven't even read The Passage yet...

    I'm currently, like right now, reading The Name of the Wind, and I'm madly in love with Kvothe. Well, at halfway through the book I am. It will take something crazy to make me fall out of love with that character. This book is EVERYTHING I love about a book.

    GREAT LIST. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Asheley: I predict you will love Kvothe to the very end! I can't wait to see what he's up to next. DYING to read that book, but I just want to be able to concentrate on it, and things are too crazy all the time. Ugh.

      Delete
  2. Fantastic list! Would love for you to stop by and check out my Top Ten Now following you with GFC :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails