What I did manage:
Atonement by Ian McEwan: A young misinterprets the actions of her older sister and the consequences change the lives of several people.
Inheritance by Christopher Paolini: Eragon, Saphira and their friends face the evil Galbatorix in a final battle.
Overbite by Meg Cabot: Meena is reunited with Lucian, the son of Dracula, but she's not so sure that's a good thing and may end up having to stake him before it's over!
Finnikin of the Rock by Melina Marchetta: Finnikin, with the help of a silent and strange girl, begins the process of reuniting his people and kingdom.
Midnight in Austenland by Shannon Hale: After Charlotte's marriage has failed, she finds herself in Austenland living out her own dreamy story in order to forget the realities at home.
My favorite of this month was Finnikin for sure.
My plans for March reading:
- I've committed to three blog tours of sorts this month... The Savage Grace (Bree Despain), Return to Exile (E.J. Patten), and a one by new local author Carolyn Frank.
- I also wanted to read and promote the new Beyonders book by Brandon Mull
- Also, we are reading The Man Who Mistook His Wife for a Hat for book club. This one could be tricky.
- Only a couple hundred pages left in The Path of Daggers!
- The Wise Man's Fear is still in the very soon list.
- I have two books from the library that I'm dying to get to, Why We Broke Up by Daniel Handler and Dead End in Norvelt by Jack Gantos... recent award winners
- Plus I didn't get to a classic last month so I would really like to this month!
- Still pondering the Clarissa read along! I'm so crazy.
- and there's more but you've heard them all already!
How did your February reading go? Better than mine I hope.