Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Review: The Savage Grace by Bree Despain

Book: The Savage Grace by Bree Despain
Genre: YA Paranormal
Rating: ***
From: The author
For: ARC for Review

At the LTUE conference a few weeks ago, Bree Despain announced that the first six people in line at her signing in the evening would get an ARC. So, somehow, I ended up first in line! Funny how that happens! So thank you Bree for the book!

Warning! This review contains spoilers for the first two books. Because yes, this particular book is the third in the trilogy about Grace Divine and her werewolves... of which she has quite a few now! She has suddenly found herself the leader of the pack! However, the first problem she must deal with in this story is how to fix Daniel. The last book ended with him stuck in a wolf state and that's just not going to work for the two of them, so that's first on her list.

Second, she would also like to fix Jude, her brother, who is having many issues of his own as this book begins. He is one of those characters that you just never know which side he is on! Speaking of which, there is also Talbot, with whom she had a bit of a fling in book two and now she can't abide him at all. He goes from being sweet to being creepy in the same scene. What is up with him anyway?

But the biggest problem of all is how to regain peace in the werewolf world by confronting the main alpha dude wannabe, Caleb. And let's just say that show down doesn't go quite as planned!

Speaking of showdowns, there were lots in this book....lots and lots of fighting and I could see the special effects in my head just like it was a movie! Pretty cool! Another cool thing is all the werewolf lore and the background of these particular wolves. But the coolest thing is Grace, and the powers within herself that she discovers in this story. Yes, very cool.

Bottom line: I totally enjoyed it!



4 comments:

  1. I haven't really paid attention to this trilogy, before. I might have to remedy that, but there are just so many!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you were doubly lucky. You got it for free AND you enjoyed it. Yay! I wonder if I should finish the series someday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was unaware of these books I read another one from her before... I think... now I am not sure :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails