Wednesday, March 7, 2012

In Which I Have Another Fan Girl Moment and Also Prove Letter Month Was Worth It

Well, actually I knew writing letters was worth it already, but last night when I got this tweet, I was so glad I decided to write a fan letter as part of my letter line up! Here's what it said:


Writing a fan letter was far from anything I've ever done before. It felt weird. Fun, but weird. And now, it goes without saying, that I'm so glad I did! Seriously, everyone, sit down and write that fan letter you've been thinking about! I need to think who else I can write to!

Anyway, I feel sometimes like I overdo the fan girl thing regarding this author, but I couldn't NOT share this last interaction! So, hopefully you'll excuse me while I happy dance all day long. :) This guy continues to show that not only is he a brilliant author, but also a genuine nice guy who cares about his fans and that he's a real guy who struggles with things... like getting this next book done! And in no way do I think I'm singled out and "special" or something, because you'll see if you look at his Twitter feed, he responds and thinks up a personal thing to say to everyone who mentions him or his books on Twitter. But that being said, it sure does make one "feel" special anyway. Know what I mean?

So yeah... I just had to share. Now back to your regularly scheduled blog posts........


16 comments:

  1. That's so awesome that he read your letter and tweeted to you about it! I'd have died and gone to heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can fan girl all you want over this! I don't even know if I can think of an author I'd write a letter to that wouldn't sound utterly stupid. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was nervous about the sounding stupid thing, but I think, I hope, that it came out okay! You should think of someone to write to and go for it! Seriously.

      Delete
  3. I saw when he replied to you on Twitter, and I was like, oh man, she's going to die. How fun for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried to contain myself last night and not go all ballistic on Twitter, but still, how could I not share here, you know? :) I actually got two tweets in a row from him last night. Did you see them both?

      Delete
  4. So very fantastic!!
    You have inspired me to write a fan letter too. Now to decide who to.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm still just smiling about this. Thanks for sharing your happiness with me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Squee!! That's so great. I <3 Markus Zusak even more now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's awesome! Seriously, could Zusak be any cooler?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails