Here's what I read this month, with my quick little blurbs and links to my reviews:
Torment by Lauren Kate: Daniel sends Luce to school in California to keep her safe and then she discovers she has a sort of power.
Delirium by Lauren Oliver: Lena has been taught all her life that love is a disease, but then she meets Alex and the questions begin.
The Fault in Our Stars by John Green: Hazel meets Augustus at a cancer group meeting and they become fast friends.
Persuasion by Jane Austen: Anne gets very nervous to see Captain Wentworth again after eight years of no contact, but quickly calms down when she realizes he is probably going to marry Louisa.
I Capture the Castle by Dodie Smith: Cassandra and her family live in a run down castle, barely making ends meet, but their lives change when a new family moves to the manor next door.
Cinder by Marissa Meyer: Cinder is a cyborg trained to fix things and her life changes when the prince walks into her shop.
Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins: Lola thinks she is over Cricket, but when he comes back after two years, she's not so sure anymore.
Where She Went by Gayle Forman: After Mia's accident, Mia and Adam live separate lives on opposite ends of the country, but then they get a chance to talk again.
May B. by Caroline Starr Rose: May is sent to be live in help for a new bride, but things do not go quite as planned.
Partials by Dan Wells: Kira risks her life to find the cure to the virus that is killing humanity.
Ah, they were all good! How am I to pick a favorite among this bunch? I can't do it, seriously. My only sadness is that I didn't manage to fit in a non-fiction.
Plans for February:
- read more adult stuff, but not ALL adult stuff, like Jenny is doing
- fit in a non fiction... leaning towards Unbroken
- read another classic for the challenge, perhaps A Long Fatal Love Chase, or Ramona, both love stories for February.
- read Atonement for book club
- finish Inheritance and Path of Daggers... please let me finish these books!
- read The Wise Man's Fear... please let me fit this one in!!
- I got Overbite in the mail and I love to read that too.
- most likely I'll read Midnight in Austenland before this month is over too!
Can't wait to get to them all! Wow, I do so love to read!