If you missed the news, Bloggiesta (the fun blogathon event created by Natasha of Maw Books) is back! (Click here if you missed the intro post with some general info.) Part (a lot) of the fun of this event is to encourage those who know how to do blogging things (especially the technical aspects of blogging) to share with those of us who do not! In order to do this, we are asking for several bloggers to host a mini challenge as part of Bloggiesta where they share a tutorial on their blog and help participants during the actual Bloggiesta event. You can choose your own topic or pick from this list of ideas:
- How to put social media icons on your side bar
- How to put star ratings in your review posts
- Best way to make labels work for you
- How to embed a Youtube video (and size it for your blog post)
- How to make a creative header and add it to your blog
- How to use Google Analytics
- How to use Facebook to promote your blog
- How to use Pinterest to promote your blog
- How to use Twitter to promote your blog
- Cool things you can do with gmail (or yahoo) to keep your email organized
- SEO for Dummies
- Goodreads for Dummies
- Sidebar help... what do you REALLY need there?
- Cool android and iphone/ipad apps that bloggers need
- How to set up a Mobile viewable site
- Plug-ins for Wordpress sites, which to use & not to
- Publisher Etiquette how to’s - sending reviews & contacting for reviews
- How to create a vlog and great video editing software
- Get to work - write “X” number of reviews.
- Protecting your blog - Copyrighting
- HTML Basics
- Monetizing how to and where to go to do it.
If you feel you have some expertise in these or any other areas of blogging and would like to participate in Bloggiesta as a mini challenge host, please fill out the form below. If you have hosted a challenge in a previous Bloggiesta event and would like to add that post to our list of resources this time around, you will also need to fill out the form. (This form can be found both here and over at There's a Book, but you'll only need to fill it out in ONE of those places!)
Thanks for your help! Let us know if you have any questions!