1. I love the song My Immortal by Evanescence. I feel like it could be the theme song to pretty much any vampire love story. But I've always pictured it with New Moon by Stephenie Meyer, especially. However, I read somewhere that it's actually about the singer's little sister that died when she was only three years old. Can there be a sadder song? It kills me. It gives me chills galore.
2. Another song that I really love is Hazard by Richard Marx. In listening to the lyrics, I've always thought it would make an awesome book! Then a book came along whose description really reminded me of this song. I have YET to read the book! But you all say it's so good! Crooked Letter Crooked Letter by Tom Franklin. I have no idea if this story matches the song at all but my feeling is, it's close. Those that have read it, what do you think?
3. If you've ever read 1984 by George Orwell, AND if you are a Muse fan, you'll know that their album Resistance is all about this book. But especially the particular song Resistance. Pay attention to the lyrics!
4. When I fell in love with the song Sort Of by Silversun Pickups, I found out that it was used in the pilot episode of The Vampire Diaries... and now I can't listen to it without thinking of Damon and company. "Do you think, that I'm sort of... alive?" Love. This. Song. Yeah and okay, I know that's a TV show, but it was a book first. (Couldn't find one with lyrics scrolling but if you click over to YouTube, the lyrics are in the description if you want to read them.)
5. I really love the song Somebody by Depeche Mode and just knew there should be a book that could go with it. I decided on a John Green book, pretty much any of them. What do you think? If not, what book do you think would fit better with this song?
Well, so I hope some of you at least listened to a song or two here! Let me know what you think! I can't wait to see what you've all come up with this week! I bet for many of them I'll go.. "DOH!! Of course!!"