Total Books Read: 79 (So much for that particular 100 books goal this year!)
Total Re-reads: 5 (counted in the above)
Total Pages: 31,666
Book Club: 7
Challenges: 4 (mostly RIP, though I think I did couple others and just didn't count them here)
Blog Tours: 5
Reviews for ARCs received: 9
Read Alongs: 7
Utah Authors: 19 (some of these are also included in other categories)
On my own for fun: 41
The library: 14
My own stash: 59
From the YA category:
Science Fiction/ Fantasy (including dystopian, paranormal, horror, steam punk, etc.): 34
Other (realistic fiction): 11
Middle Grade: 2 (some of the above books should probably be in this category, technically)
From the Adult category:
Non Fiction: 6
Literary Fiction: 7
Science Fiction/ Fantasy (including dystopian, paranormal, horror, etc.): 11
Historical Fiction: 0 (are you kidding me?)
- Well, wow. I didn't do much in the challenges area! And I read much less ARCs for review than last year.
- Non fiction went up! I did really well reading a NF book a month for the first half of the year. I will try to do that again... well... and make it last all year long.
- I lost ground with the amount of YA books I read and usage of the library. Interesting.
- Most everything else stayed about the same percentage-wise compared to the past years.
- I'm still sad about that classics number... and the literary fiction number. Gosh, why can't I fit more of those in? They end up being my favorites of the year for the most part.
- Wait... did I really and truly not read any historical fiction this year? Maybe I did but put it in a different category? THAT has got to change too.
- I would have thought that even though my total number was down from last year that my pages would be about the same, but nope, they are down about 5000 too. Do you think it's the reading slump I've been in this last while? Or maybe the big trip when I thought I'd read, but just didn't? Probably.
- HEY! But I DID do a pretty good job at supporting local Utah authors, yes?
Have you crunched the numbers yet? How did things stack up for you?