Saturday, December 31, 2011

Review: The Iron Daughter by Julie Kagawa

Book: The Iron Daughter by Julie Kagawa
Genre: YA Fantasy
Rating: A
For: Fun
From: First the library, then I bought it, then it has pages missing so I took it back, but THEN I got it as a gift from my Secret Santa Blogger Exchange. Whew, it was a little crazy!

This book is the second in the Iron Fey series which continues the adventures of Meghan who is half fairy from the summer court. In this book, the scepter that controls the seasons is passed from the summer court to the winter, but the bad guys (the Iron Fey) steal it and the job gets blamed on Meghan, so she has to make things right. Easier said than done!

She has help from her two guys, Prince Ash and Puck, and also a bunch of other wonderfully fun characters she meets along the way.

I don't really know what else to say about this one except that it had me turning the pages and very involved and ended with a twist that makes me anxious to go right to the next one. I think the thing I enjoy most about these books are the fun characters. The story line and plot are pretty ho hum, but the characters drive it along. The love triangle is stressful because both guys are pretty cool and I have no idea which one I'm cheering for.

Bottom line: I enjoyed it a lot!

Other Reviews:

Small Review
Miss Remmers' Reviews
Avery's Book Nook
Polishing Mud Balls






5 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you enjoyed it! I love this series. I think it got better and better with each book until I was blown out of the water. Can't wait to see what you think about The Iron Queen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I agree. Both guys are pretty cool but I am pretty solidly in Ash's corner.

    Imam very curious as to what you will think about The Iron Queen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see what guy I like best. I'm glad after the whole debacle that you got to squeeze it in before the end of the year. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE this series. Each one is better than the other. I'll be curious to see what you think of the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You guys that have finished them make me very excited to keep going! And Jenny, I'm anxious to see which guy you like best! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails