Thursday, May 21, 2009

Booking Through Thursday: A Second First Time (and a Top Ten list)



What book would you love to be able to read again for the first time?

(Interestingly, I thought that I had thought this one up myself, but when I started scrolling through the Suggestions, found that Rebecca had suggested almost exactly this question a couple months ago. So, we both get credit!)

Wow. There's so many I'd love to read again for the first time.

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
The Far Pavilions by M.M. Kaye
Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card
The Life of Pi by Yann Martel
Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling

Hmmm. Funny how that list is looking a lot like my all time favorite list. And I could go on and on, but I think we hadn't better turn this into a 100 book list this time.

Hey, but look at that. I did just up and randomly pick ten. It's a sign. I better add this to my Suey's Top Ten compilation.

The Top Ten Books I'd Love to Read Again for the First Time

What would YOU love to read again for the first time?

13 comments:

  1. When I saw your title, I thought of The Book Thief. Rebecca is another one. Once you've read it, it's not so surprising on a second read. I'd have to ponder to come up with more, but what a neat idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great choices! 4 of them are on my "read again" list (Ender's Game, Life of Pi, P & P, and Jane Eyre), but it would definitely be more fun to re-discover them for the first time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of good ones on your list.

    Here's my BTT.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd like to read HP and the Half Blood Price, and the Deathly Hallows again for the first time. The first Anita Blake book by Laurell Hamilton (the name of which I'm blanking on). Actually, the first couple in that series. I think I liked P&P much more the second and even third time through.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love read, re-read Guy de Maupassant's short stories any time.There is always a new kind of wonder on each reading.


    BTT: Second a first

    ReplyDelete
  6. good ones! I decided on Outlander, The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe, and To Kill a Mockingbird...but Twilight could easily be on there too! I can't wait to read Hunger Games...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great list -- especially Pride and Prejudice and Jane Eyre -- fantastic choices.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Books that have surprise ending or a twist would be refreshing to me. I also read my favorite books, like Name of the Rose and The Master and Margarita.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I actually regret that I didn't write The Hunger Games as my book. I finished it yesterday and it was truly an amazing book. When I put the book down I though about what katniss and Peeta were doing..


    Here is my BTT post.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree with the Life of Pi. Makes me smile just to think about it...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails