Thursday, May 14, 2009

Booking Through Thursday: Gluttony


Mariel suggested this week’s question


Book Gluttony! Are your eyes bigger than your book belly? Do you have a habit of buying up books far quicker than you could possibly read them? Have you had to curb your book buying habits until you can catch up with yourself? Or are you a controlled buyer, only purchasing books when you have run out of things to read?


I would have to say a big fat YES to the first two questions.

But, getting to the third question, I must say no, I see no curbing in sight. My habits will stay "bad" for now. However, like many of you, most of my buying and/or acquiring of books are because I find the bargains. I rarely buy one at full price. Now and then yes, but rarely. (Mostly at the book fair where I'm supporting the school with my full price purchases.) Does that make it better? Not at all, it just means I actually end up with more books! Which also means that I seriously doubt that I'll ever catch up.

Only buying books when I have run out of things to read? Now that makes me laugh! Since I'll never catch up, I'll never run out of things to read, right? Funny funny.

All this reminds me. The bi-annual book sale in the neighborhood where novels are 25 cents (hardback or not) starts today! I was trying NOT to go, but I think you've convinced me. I better go "just to see" what's there!

6 comments:

  1. Oh yes, I buy way more than I can possibly read. Every time I go to the DI (once a week) I always walk away with at least half a dozen books. I'm bad, bad, bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. See this is why I don't go to DI. :)

    Actually, I'm a pretty controlled buyer. Between budget and space, I'm careful.

    Now library books are a completely different matter. I check out much more than I can read. Drives my husband nuts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love FOL book sales! I always get completely carried away at these and try to convince myself it's ok because it goes for a good cause.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will NEVER get through all my books, I am sure. Oh man, the days when I actually was hunting for things to read seem far far away.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I believe every book has its moment with an individual reader, and that is why I have to keep buying them in case I have a whim for that particular book.

    Proud to be a glutton, but I try not to buy. I grab the ones that I'm most desperate to read and leave the rest on a list.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can I come along? We will both buy great books!

    *grin*

    Book gluttons, are we?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails