Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Review: Tales of Beedle the Bard by J.K.Rowling


Review: Tales of Beedle the Bard by J.K. Rowling

Genre: YA/MG Fantasy

Rating: A-

For: Fun from the Library!

I checked this one out weeks ago, but never got to it until the day before it was due, of course. I figured I could sit and read it quick and then still turn it in on time.

So I did! Yes, in nearly one sitting... I think it was actually two sittings, in between laundry, and dinner and homework and other daily stresses.

It's a fun little book of about five "fairy" tales that wizards and witches of Harry Potter's world are told, just as we Muggles are told our "fairy" tale stories. They are simple stories with obvious morals to the tale. Each one is followed by a commentary from Professor Dumbledore, which is quite fun.

It's a fun little addition to the Harry Potter collection, though I'm quite glad I just did the library thing and didn't buy it. (However the proceeds of the book do go to a charity, right? I think so, so I do feel sorta guilty about that last bit, but I'll get over it!)

Other Reviews:






3 comments:

  1. I liked this book fine, but I agree with you that it isn't really a keeper.

    (By the way, every time I try to access your blog, a screen warning me about Malware comes up.)

    Jessica @ The Bluestocking Society

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought dumbledores commentary was the most interesting part of this book.I really liked his comments on censorship and people who change fairy tales for kids!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm getting ready to post my thoughts about this book too. I read it during the read-a-thon. It was a nice light read. I had hoped for a little more maybe.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails