Friday, February 1, 2013

January 2013 Reading Recap



I feel like I sort of got back on track this month! Not a bad reading month at all! 

Here's what I managed:

What We Saw At Night by Jaquelyn Mitchard: A group of friends who hang out in the night because of a disease they have, see something strange at an apartment building that makes them begin an investigation they might not want to begin!

The Tragedy Paper by Elizabeth LaBan: A senior high school boy is left a set of cds from a boy from the previous year which recounts the tragedy that happened that year.

Case File 13: Zombie Kid by J. Scott Savage: What happens when you turn into a zombie? You enjoy it for awhile then make your friends help you fix yourself!

Reached by Ally Condie: After fighting a plague, the Matched trilogy concludes!

The History of Love by Nicole Krauss: Three stories come together in an unusual way, with a book the center of them all.

Seraphina by Rachel Hartman: Seraphina discovers a big secret about herself and makes her think of dragons in a whole new light.

Through the Ever Night by Veronica Rossi: The story of Aria and Perry continues as they try to find the Still Blue and save their people.

Among the Nameless Stars by Diana Peterfreund: What happened when Kai left the North Estage, a prequel to For Darkness Shows the Stars.

Just One Day by Gayle Forman: Allyson has a one day adventure in Paris with hot Dutch dude and ponders for the rest of the year about what really happened. (review to come soon)

Favorites of the month: The History of Love, Just One Day and Through the Ever Night, followed closely by Seraphina. Loved them all! 

Plans for February:
  • finish Wolf Hall 
  • start another read along: Vanity Fair (want to join in?)
  • re-read The Scarlet Pimpernel for book club
  • read Mind Games ARC
  • read The Runaway King ARC
  • read Old Man's War for a SciFi experience!
  • read another lucky random new book waiting here on the shelves
How'd your first month of the year go?

15 comments:

  1. Great month :) Mine was pretty awesome too! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a successful reading month! I love that kitty picture!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for Vanity Fair! It's going to be a good month.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Old Man's War...yay!!! I'll enjoy talking about it with you when you are done.

    You had a good month. I thought it rushed by awfully quick but I am happy with what I was able to read.

    Here's hoping for an even better February.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carl: I look forward to finally finishing it. And yes, where DID this month go? Time, it makes me crazy.

      Delete
  5. I CAN'T WAIT to read Through the Ever Night! Planning to get to that one this month.

    Old follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like an awesome month. I had a pretty good one too. I got through 3.5 books, which is way good for me since I barely manage 1-2 books a month, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenni: Yes, way to go! This month is about as good as I get.

      Delete
  7. Congrats on a great start to the year! I didn't do as well as I wanted, but have big plans for February!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I still haven't gotten to Seraphina but I'm glad to see you liked it. And I'm definitely jealous of your copy of mind games fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. January was okay, but I'm not complaining!! It was a good way to start of the year, at least reading-wise!

    I really like The Scarlet Pimpernel. I hope you enjoy your re-read!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails