It's a fun list this week over at The Broke and Bookish, and it's one I love to do every year, and that is to recognize the authors I read and loved that are new to me! Ah, the list could be a pretty long one actually, but here's the ten I came up with:
Top Ten New to Me Authors
2. Veronica Rossi: I loved Under the Never Sky and am totally excited for the next book! I'll be paying close attention to anything else she writes in the future too.
3. Julianne Donaldson made a big splash locally with her book, Edenbrooke. I'm not sure if she is as well know out there in the world, but my guess is if not, she will be soon.
4. While Maggie Stiefvater is not really new to me, I truly discovered her this year with The Scorpio Races and The Raven Boys. Awesome stuff.
5. Jennifer A. Nielsen is another local author that wrote a fabulous fantasy book called The False Prince. I'm so excited for the next book coming up in March!
6. I read Sarah Waters for the first time this year with The Little Stranger and that was a great experience and I'd like to give her another try too.
7. Lindsey Leavitt's book Sean Griswold's Head was a lot of fun and I'm hoping to get to more of her books soon.
8. Elizabeth Wein who wrote the very popular book this year, Code Name Verity, is new to me. I'm wondering was she new to everyone this year?
9. Audrey Couloumbis I think has been around a bit, but I just recently read Not Exactly a Love Story and now I'm curious about her other books.
10. Camille Picott is an author/blog friend of my real life blog friend Jenny and so when Jenny raved about her book, I had to go out and find it and read it and it was a lot of fun! I'll be keeping my eye on this new to me author!
I loved all these authors! Weird that they are all lady ones! I usually love the guys too, so what's up with that? What authors did you learn about and love this year?