Saturday, December 29, 2012

Top Ten Favorite Songs of 2012

Last year I had fun pondering the songs that I played a ton all year long, and so this year, I had to do it again! Remember these aren't necessarily new songs, but the songs that I loved, discovered, re-discovered and wore out the track of during this past year!

1. Gotye: Somebody I Used to Know



2. Adele: Set Fire to the Rain



3. Dead Man's Bones: Lose Your Soul



4. Muse: Unsustainable



5. Adam Lambert: Outlaws of Love



6. Rush: The Garden



7. The Wanted: Chasing the Sun


  8. Maroon 5: One More Night



9. Richard Armitage and the dwarves from The Hobbit: The Misty Mountains Cold



10. The Dark Knight Rises Soundtrack: Rise

 

Are there any that were your favorites of the year too?

14 comments:

  1. Great list! I love Gotye's song, but the video makes it even better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol oh yes to number one, i listened to that song so many times :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet....I add videos to them all and only three show up?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, well, I've fixed that now. All videos should show up I hope. Just in case anyone wanted to actually hear the songs I've loved!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good list! That is my favorite version of Set Fire to the Rain and if I was making at list it would definitely be on it.

    As would "I Don't Love You" by The Civil Wars (and perhaps everything by them as they have been a group I have listened to a bunch this year).

    And:

    New York by Snow Patrol

    Brighter than the Sun by Colbie Caillat (that video was a constant on my step aerobics playlist all year long)

    and pretty much everything by Lisa Hannigan off her first two albums and ditto that from Helen Jane Long.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't listened to much music this year, something I'll definitely change in 2013.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ann: I can't live without music... sort of like books. They are both pretty much needed for survival at my house.

      Delete
  7. I can't help but wonder if the Muse song would be as good with out the video. Love that hobbit song. Gives me chills every time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenny: It's as good. I love to blast in the car. Makes me feel like I'm on a rollercoaster at Disneyland. The dwarves give me chills too....

      Delete
  8. Hi Suey, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rush - The Garden. Where did you hear that one?

    ReplyDelete
  10. My plan was to do a music wrap-up type post, too, but I am behind on most things!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails