1. Markus Zusak... yes I know. I could answer with him or his books for nearly every single bookish topic given to me. It's true. But, it's been a LONG time since we've had a book from him and I'm getting anxious. But he's working on it and if he has to go slow to crank out awesome books, that's just fine. But still... I hope it happens soon!
2. John Green.... YAY! It's been a while since we've heard from him too! But today that ends! I'm so excited. Happy The Fault in our Stars Day to you all!
3. Stephenie Meyer... I know some of you will not agree with this one, but I'm saying it anyway. It makes me sad we haven't heard from her in a long time. I hope she hasn't quit.
4. Harper Lee.... wouldn't it be cool if she wrote something else?
5. Wilkie Collins.... he wrote a TON when he was alive, but still, I find it fascinating to wonder what he'd write if he were still here.
6. Donna Woolfolk Cross... didn't we all love Pope Joan? And I thought there was going to be another one from her, but I never saw it happen. Hopefully it still happens some day.
7. David Wroblewski.... I loved The Story of Edgar Sawtelle and I don't think he's written another one yet... I would read it for sure if he did!
8. Jane Austen... of course. She needed time to write more before leaving us. Wouldn't it be great if had, like, stacks and stacks of Jane Austen books to choose from?
9. Diane Setterfield... we need more like The Thirteenth Tale, yes? We do.
10. J.K. Rowling... I would love another series... something completely un-Harry Potter related. Something a total surprise. How fun would that be!
What authors would you put on your list? Head on over to The Broke and the Bookish to link up and to see what everyone else is saying!