(I accidentally hit publish instead of save while composing this, so some of you got a sneak peek at this post on your Reader. Gah, I hate it when that happens, but anyway, here's the rest of the story.)
Last week Ibeeeg from Polishing Mud Balls listed the top ten songs for her this past year. Of course, I had to think about that and wondered what would I list for MY top ten songs of the year, if I were to do a post such as hers.
So after pondering a bit, and looking back over my music posts, I thought of some, and so now, of course, I must do a music post and share!
Do keep in mind, though, that these are not NEW songs from last year, but songs that I discovered, especially liked, played constantly, RE-discovered, and etc. And some of them I may not have posted and gushed over either, but still, listened to... a lot.
1. Silversun Pickups: Growing Old is Getting Old
2. Depche Mode: Shake the Disease
3. Pet Shop Boys: Go West
4. Porcupine Tree: Waiting
6. Enrique Iglesias: Rhythm Divine
7. Muse: Eternally Missed
8. Daft Punk: Sea of Simulation
9. Blue Man Group: Rods and Cones
10. James Durbin: May (this is actually a more recent one, and technically not last year, but whatever)
Hmmm...I think I could continue on to twenty top songs. But I'll stop here for now. Do you like any of these? What were some of your favorite "new to you" songs this past year?