Sunday, January 15, 2012

The Sunday Salon: A Pretty Good Week



Outside my window: It's a bit dreary out there today. Yesterday was awesome though, almost like summer.

I am listening to: Hans Zimmer station on Pandora. Rediscovering this one and all the fun soundtrack music that gets played on it.

Song of the week: You know, I can't think of a particular song that stood out for me this week. But I can share with you Josh Groban's new video for "If I Walk Away". It's really quite good, about what life is like on the road. It makes me sad though.



TV Talk: I've enjoyed being a part of the Downton Abbey buzz this past week. It makes we want a book about these people! I've just now watched the second to last David Tennant Doctor Who special called The Waters of Mars. Sad show and now I truly only have only one more DT one left. (Yes, all this time before when I was thinking I was at the end, I really had a handful more because he did "specials" that weren't technically part of the season. Don't worry, I got it all figured out!) The Vampire Diaries this week was crazy as usual, and I just know Jeremy is coming back. And ruthless Stefan freaks me out, but lovey dovey Damon is quite fun! I also watched the first two episodes of season four of Merlin on YouTube of all places. Not on Netflix but on YouTube! Who knew. Hey, and American Idol starts this week! So be ready to hear my run down of thoughts on that one now. It's always fun to see who I fall in love with right from the get go.

Reading Report
Currently reading: I'm very wrapped up in Persuasion at the moment. So fun to be re-visiting a Jane Austen book! UPDATE: I've just finished it! But am confused just a bit. I'll explain in a review.
Books I've finished: I finished The Fault in Our Stars by John Green the day after it arrived. I hope to figure out a review for it, but am dreading trying to find the words.
Books I've started: I read a few pages of Cinder by Marissa Meyer, who I got to meet this week!
Books I want to start: I really need to start and finish I Capture the Castle for book club this week! I also got Where She Went from the library (this one is TOTALLY to blame on Holly!) and need to read it quick and get it back.

I am thinking: that this past week was a really good Twitter week for me! You know, so many of you actually talked back! So, if you carried on a conversation with me on Twitter this past week, just know that I loved and it was appreciated! Thank you!

I am grateful for: stability. I tend to take this for granted, and I seriously shouldn't.

Around the house: I was hoping to report that I bought a new area rug to spiff up the family room, but that didn't quite happen yet, so maybe I can report that for next week? Here's hoping.

Recipe of the week: I can't think of one interesting thing I made this week.

Favorite things of the week: going to two fun bookish events with Jenny, making up fun bookish birthday cards at work that will be used for staff birthdays, reading a new John Green book, Twittering, finishing the Christmas M and M's so they won't tempt me any more!

Family matters: Big kids seem to still be adjusting and come home a lot as part of that, kid#3 went to bed sick which makes me quite glad it's a holiday on Monday so he can have extra time to get better, kid#4 went on a field trip this week to the Winter Olympic Sports Park, but sadly, no one was practicing the ski jumps into the swimming pool, or flying down the luge track either.

Things I hope to accomplish in the coming week: read a lot tomorrow to celebrate a day off, plan and prepare and host book club, help with a church activity on Saturday, buy an area rug!

The Blog Report: I listed my favorite songs of the year, did you go listen?  I introduced you to Jane Austen, I sorted my Google Reader, and I reviewed a few movies. Oh, and I got threaded comments!

So, what's new with you this week?

8 comments:

  1. I watched TVD finally last night and was feeling just like you. I really hope Jeremy comes back, and what was with that moment between Klause and Caroline? Weird!

    I want to know what your confusion was with Persuasion. I look forward to reading that.

    I think my favorite thing this week was going to those bookish events...but if I had M&Ms to finish off that would definitely have taken the cake. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Umm... I was expecting a running scene, a chasing after Wentworth thing... is that just the movie then?

      Delete
  2. It sounds like you are definitely staying busy. You will love WHERE SHE WENT. It was a great way to end the series!

    Enjoy your day off tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope I can fit it in as a "just for the heck of it book"...you know? Because it has no place finding it's way to my pile right now!

      Delete
  3. Enjoy your day of reading tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My guess is, it probably won't end up being much of a reading day, but I can dream, right?

      Delete
  4. I enjoyed talking on Twitter, too! I really need to sign-in more often... Have you watched any more of the concert I sent you the video from?

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't watched more yet. But yes, Twitter... now and then... it's really fun! :)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails