Here's a fun meme that I saw yesterday over on Kookie's Fraternity of Dreamers blog. Here's the idea:
“List seven songs you are into right now. No matter what the genre, whether they have words, or even if they're not any good, but they must be songs you're really enjoying now, shaping your spring. Post these instructions in your blog along with your 7 songs. Then tag 7 other people to see what they're listening to.”
Some came right to mind, so I felt the need to participate and share! I'm always excited about a music game or post anyway. Consider yourself tagged if you are also in a music mood and would like to share seven of your current favorites! Let me know and I'll come and listen.
1. Viva La Vida by Coldplay: This song seems to be constantly going at our house these days. We first saw it advertised during the American Idol finale show and we all went... Whoa.. that's a pretty cool song! So, someone (teenage daughter I think) downloaded it and now we can all enjoy!
2. Teardrop by Massive Attack: I heard this one awhile back as a background to some YouTube video I was watching. I thought, "Hmmm... cool song." So I downloaded it and others in the house are now hooked and it also is being heard around here a lot these days.
3. Awake by Josh Groban: I'm always and forever obsessed with Josh Groban and all his songs. Lately, it's been mostly about the live versions that recently came out (of the concert I was actually at last summer, remember?) So here's an example of one of those songs. This song is the one his album and tour were named after, and this was his very last song of the concert. I love it!
4. Over the Rainbow by Jason Castro: Our American Idol obsession is not lessening by any means at this house! In fact, it is gearing up since we get to go see the Top 10 in less than a month. Also, we are missing our boys (we all have a different favorite) and so they are all being blasted from various rooms in the house and from the car every time we go anywhere. For me, it's hard to pick a favorite Jason Castro song, but here's the one HE likes the best.
5. Don't Fade Away by Dead Can Dance: I learned about this group at a library presentation last summer and this is one of my favorites by them. Very haunting, clear, beautiful sound.
6. Miss You by Enrique Igelesias: I love this song for dancing around the house and cleaning and getting motivated! I was completely obsessed with it awhile back, and though that's waned just a touch, I still love to blast it from time to time. See if it makes you want to dance too.
7. Sky High by Jigsaw: This one is making a come back on my Ipod and in the car! I LOVE this song from the past and like to blast it and sing along and have wonderful memories of the 70's.
So, I guess I have to stop at seven! Let me know if you listen to any of them and which ones you liked and/or hated! And let me know if you decide to play along and I'll come see what songs YOU are loving right now!