Thursday, June 5, 2008

Booking Through Thursday: Trends



Have your book-tastes changed over the years? More fiction? Less? Books that are darker and more serious? Lighter and more frivolous? Challenging? Easy? How-to books over novels? Mysteries over Romance?

Wow, I think my reading trends have changed several times over the years. I blame it all on this abundance of online interaction. First, online book clubs, then challenges and blogging. Things are always changing!

I used to read mostly all classics, with a new-ish book thrown in here and there. Then, the new-ish books started rising to the surface and the classics have been neglected. Then, the YA books have recently nearly completely taken over! I'm having to tame them and hold them back!

As far as dark vs. light, and challenging vs. easy.... it's always been a bit of both, a pretty good balance there I'd say. But the balance between fiction and non-fiction is a no-contest. Non-fiction is losing big time. I have to concentrate on bringing non-fiction into my life.

To sum up, mostly I'm more willing now to reading anything than I used to be. And I find it fun to try and keep up with the constantly changing book world, exhausting though it may be!

P.S. In other news... my book club is featured today over at Lisa's Books on the Brain as part of her really cool series "In Praise of Book Clubs." Go check it out! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails