Saturday, August 8, 2015
Utah Book Month 2015: First Lines Quiz and Giveaway
For the past couple of years I've done a first line quiz for Utah Book Month. You all say it's really hard. This year is probably no exception, but give it a shot! The person who comes closest can have their choice of book from the list of featured books here!
Here are the first lines, all from Utah books/authors:
1. Male or female?
2. Call it reaper's insomnia, but the dead wouldn't let me sleep at night.
3. The Low-Gravity Club pulsed with music and memories.
4. "A good trap is like a good story: hidden and leading toward one inevitable conclusion."
5. "You promised us brides!"
6. Everyone tells me funerals help with the grieving process, but I think those people are full of crap.
7. I see Jack every night.
8. "Princess Ailsabet, your father demands your attendance at court this morning."
9. I don't like to see children cry, but I couldn't feel much sympathy for the little guy.
10. People go to hell for what I'm about to do.
And here are the books they come from:
Shutter by Courtney Alameda
Love, Lucas by Chantele Sedgwick
Return to Exile by E.J. Patten
Ink and Ashes by Valynne Maetani
Princess of the Silver Woods by Jessica Day George
Remake by Ilima Todd
The Unhappening of Genesis Lee by Shallee McCarthur
The World's Strongest Librarian by Josh Hanagarne
Everbound by Brodi Ashton
The Rose Throne, Mette Ivie Harrison
Fill out the form matching the first line with the correct book. Leave me your contact info and if you are the winner and get the most matches correct, I will send you whichever one of these books you'd like. Good luck! You have until the end of the month. And please... no fair googling!