Friday, May 8, 2015

Movie Review: Avengers: Age of Ultron

Movie: Avengers: Age of Ultron
Genre: Action Adventure
Starring: Chris Hemsworth, Chris Evans, Robert Downey Jr., Scarlet Johanson, Jeremy Renner and many more!
Rating: PG 13
My Rating: Two thumbs up

What a ride this movie is! Man. If you are into special effects, you've gotta go just for that. But besides all the crazy crazy movie making things, there's character development and heart warming bits too. Back stories galore and may surprises. I loved that. I love all these characters so much.

But Loki was missing. I think there was some issue about that though I never read the article. So that was sad.

But I love Hawkeye and am firmly in the camp that he needs his own movie!

The cool one.

Backing up a bit here, let me just say that the plots of these movies pretty much go over my head. It's like you don't really need to know what's going on.. you just watch!

I think it begins when Tony Stark and Dr. Banner decide to build an artificial intelligence being. And suddenly, this  entity takes over and turns... while I wouldn't say bad... he just has some really crazy ideas. And they can't control him. His name is Ultron. And he's pretty scary. But then when he tries to get himself a real body, he's interrupted and the intelligence of Tony Stark's computer program ends up in his head instead? I think. Anyway, so now we have two Data sort of creatures running around. A bad one and good one.
The bad one.
The good one.

And the bad one decides to destroy the city and a most spectacular way and of course the Avengers have to save everyone. And it gets pretty intense!

Oh, and did I mention all the funny one liners? I think I missed half of them though and need to re-see the movie to catch them all.
The missing one!

Anyway, fun fun movie!

Here's the trailer:





9 comments:

  1. NO LOKI! WHAT?! I thought he was supposed to be in if just for a scene. That makes me smad. :( Oh well. I'll still see it ... and cry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenni: No Loki. Nothing. Not even a mention. :(

      Delete
  2. We saw this last Sunday evening and enjoyed it thoroughly. And, yes, I think I'm going to have to watch it again when it comes out on DVD just to make sure I caught everything. I loved the Hawkeye storyline and was pleased to see him as a stabilizing influence on the others. I love superhero movies. All of this comes from swiping my little brother's comics when I was a teenager. I still love them all. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I'm going to try to see this one on Tuesday. I love anything Marvel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenny: Tuesday! The best movie watching day! Enjoy!

      Delete
  4. I have heard nothing but amazing things about this one. I definitely want to check it out once it is on DVD. (I'm not a huge fan of movie theaters.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We all went to see it for Mother's Day. Loved it! And yes, Hawkeye should definitely have his own movie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I HAVE TO SEE THIS FOR RENNER!!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails