Friday, May 29, 2015

Armchair BEA: Character Chatter



Today's topic for Armchair BEA is one of my favorites: Characters! (You'll notice on the tabs of my blog I even have my one special place for them!) But what is it love so much about characters? Why are they my favorite?

The adjectives that come to mind when I think of my favorite characters are: vulnerable, mysterious, brooding, intriguing, flawed, real, loyal, interesting, charming, feisty, unique, funny, smart, quirky, dark, and plain old cool.

Who fits these descriptions? (If you clicked on that tab above you'll get your answer!) But how about another collage of characters that have been immortalized by film? Or drawn by someone? Or as imagined by me or someone else? Good plan?




Top: Anne from Anne of Green Gables, Robin Hood from various, Kvothe from The Name of the Wind, Froi from Froi of the Exiles, June and Day from Legend


Second: Han from The Demon King, Hermione from Harry Potter, Cricket Bell from Lola and the Boy Next Door, Elizabeth from Pride and Prejudice, Sydney Carton from A Tale of Two Cities

Third: Gilbert from Anne of Green Gables, Tristan from various, Shallan from The Way of Kings, Mr. Thornton from North and South, Perrin from The Wheel of Time

Fourth: Gale from The Hunger Games, Jo from Little Women, Roar from Under the Never Sky, Leisel from The Book Thief, Kaladin from The Way of Kings

Bottom: Katniss from The Hunger Games, Mr. Darcy from Pride and Prejudice, Ed Kennedy from I Am the Messenger, Samwise from Lord of the Rings, Aria from Under the Never Sky




Yeah. There's some pretty awesome characters that fit many if not most of those descriptions I've listed. Do you know them? Have you read them? If no, what are you waiting for?

And now, if  I could only figure out how to WRITE my own characters that fit this criteria!

5 comments:

  1. You have Gale but not Peeta?! Are you a Gale fan?! How did I not know this about you?! I don't know if we can be friends anymore. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenni: Yes. It's true. While I like Peeta just fine, I really really like Gale. :)

      Delete
  2. Aw, Gil. It still makes me sad that he (the actor) died.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michelle: So sad! But at the same time it makes me happy that the character really truly CAN'T die! :)

      Delete
  3. Yep. Love this list. I like your idea of Cricket. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails