Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Authors Pick Five: Emily Wing Smith

Today's Utah author I'd like to spotlight is Emily Wing Smith, who just launched her second book, Back When You Were Easier to Love just a few weeks ago. I asked her the Authors Pick Five question:

What five books are most important and influential to you?

And this is what she said:

Okay here are five of the most influential books to me--maybe not THE most influential, but the ones I chose after a good deal of thought! They exclude scripture.


ON THE BANKS OF PLUM CREEK, Laura Ingalls Wilder


I STAY NEAR YOU, M.E Kerr


THE UNLIKELY ROMANCE OF KATE BJORKMAN, Louise Plummer


SPEAK, Laurie Halse Anderson


HOW TO ORGANIZE JUST ABOUT EVERYTHING, Peter Walsh


Yep, pretty YA heavy...I guess that's why I write what I write!

Thank you so much Emily! Lovely titles here. A couple I'm going to have to go and check out!

Be sure to check out not only Emily's new book, but her first one also, called They Way He Lived, which is wonderful. You can also follow her blog here on her website, and see what she's up to over on Twitter.

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails