Welcome to the first day of Armchair BEA! That's when those of us who can't manage to go to New York for the week to hobnob with authors, publishers and other bloggers, get together to hobnob in our way, from our chairs at home in front of our computer! Maybe someday I can try out the real thing, but I don't see that happening for a long long time, so instead I'll enjoy the party from home for the time being.
Here's today's prompt from the creators and hosts for Armchair BEA this year:
You’ll probably be getting a lot of new visitors to your blog this week, so introduce yourself in a post! And if you specialize in a particular genre, share what it is and why you love it. Also, tell us how you’re doing Armchair BEA - where you are, what you’re excited about, what you hope will happen this week.
So first of all, who am I?
- I'm a conservative Utah Mormon mom in the process of raising four kids
- Yet at the same time I act like I'm 17 most of the time...
- For instance, my kids tell ME to turn the music down,
- And I love rock concerts and rock music and edgy books, and edgy music
- And I have a celebrity crush issue way worse than my teenage girls
- And I especially like reading teen (YA) books with lots of love and romance
- Yet, I also love fantasy books with lots of action and creatures and intrigue and magic... and romance.
- Other book genres I love are classics, historical fiction, memoirs and some westerns.
- My other passions, that I often blog about, are music, movies and TV.
- I work at the library three mornings a week, helping in the administration office.
- I just got done with a ten year gig chairing the book fair at the elementary school.
- We have a Big Trip planned for the summer!
- A perfect day for me would look like this: sleeping/reading in followed by going out to breakfast, then a loud adventurous movie matinée, after which we take a drive up the canyon where we meet some friends for a picnic lunch and breathe the mountain air. The afternoon would include a nap, more reading, and in the evening we'd go to a Josh Groban concert! And because of the nap, I wouldn't be tired, so I'd read some more before sleeping. Do you think I could do all that in one day?
How am I doing Armchair BEA?
Well, first all this is a crazy week, so many of these posts will be pre-written! I am prepared to party ahead of time! :) So I am here, but also running around taking care of real life at the same time. As always, I'm most excited about connecting with other bloggers, "hanging out" with long time buddies, and hopefully meeting a slew of new ones. I especially look forward to the Twitter parties and hope they are happening when I can join in. Other than that, what I hope happens during the week is that I get all pumped up and pepped talked to keep on blogging!