And one again, I bring you a list as inspired by The Broke and Bookish.... to list ten of my favorite supporting characters.... almost all of which seem to be the friend of the main character. I guess that's pretty much what the definition of "supporting" means, right?
1. Mr. Bingley: Mr. Darcy's friend of course, from Pride and Prejudice and truly a happy fun loving guy!
2. Alec: Clary's friend in the Immortal Instrument series. There's lovely foreshadowing about him, and now I must keep reading to find out what!
3. Much: Robin Hood's loyal friend who (at least in the TV series) steals the show much (ha!) of the time!
4. Samwise: another loyal friend character, this time Frodo's from Lord of the Rings. What can I say about him? What a guy.
5. Charlie Swan: as in Bella's dad in Twilight, etc. I just think he's awesome.
6. Rudy: Leisel's friend in The Book Thief and the character that makes us weep and think... if only.
7. Bast: A recent discovery from The Name of the Wind. Kvothe's student, but he appears to be much more than that I hope the next book reveals a bit more about him.
8. Keiro: Finn's adopted brother of sorts from Incarceron, with an obnoxious attitude yet you love him anyway.
9. Gale: from The Hunger Games. Even though he's a big part of the story, we hardly see him, so that makes him supporting, right? Ah, Gale.
10. Fang: the dark and mysterious quiet dude from the Maximum Ride series. I don't know, is he supporting or main? Max is the main and he is by her side, yes? Whatever he is, I think he is awesome.
What supporting/minor characters do you enjoy? Who did I blatantly forget?