At first I wasn't going to report on my reading so far this year, but since it's a Weekly Geek assignment this week,and since I'm wanting to take a break from my day book sort of Sunday posts that I've been doing a lot of, I figured I'd give this report a go.
So far this year I've read 22 books, which is three short of where I should be if I'm to make it too 100. In fact Goodreads has even given me the message... "not bad but pick up the pace!" Ha! We'll see about that. You try reading a 1000 page fantasy in the middle of everything Goodreads! :)
Here are the questions posed over at Weekly Geeks that I'll attempt to answer:
- Books published in 2011 you've read that have lived up or NOT to the hype
I haven't read any really hyped up books. Wither was great. Beyonders was great. Hush was okay, My Jane Austen Summer was okay. But there's nothing I've read that bombed in my eyes... yet.
- Something new or different you've added to your blog
Nothing new about the blog really. Same old same old. I seem to have few new readers though! That makes me happy. I added a few new pages and rearranged things a bit back for Bloggiesta in January, but nothing major. Do I need to change something up? Any suggestions? I'm a little scared to mess with things for some reason these days.
- Organizing books - do you have a new system, new bookcases, or are you simply getting rid of things to make room for the new?
Oh wow, I need to organize them somehow. They are getting away from me again! What a mess!
- Changes you are making from the first part of the year to the second part of the year
Hmmm ,well, according to Goodreads I need to pick up the pace! Maybe if I read some "easy" books I can get my total back on track, when I give the 1000 page fantasy thing a bit of break.
- Most anticipated book releases in April, May and June 2011
There's a lot of local author releases coming up that I'm looking forward to. Back When You Were Easier to Love by Emily Wing Smith, The Forgotten Locket by Lisa Mangum, Possession by Elana Johnson... to name a few.
- How your reading changes from the winter months to the warmer days of spring
Nothing much changes. In June, though, I do hope to read brain candy easy type books while on vacation. Suggestions?
- Is there a book you've read in the first three months of the year which you think will make your top ten list for the year? Share it with us!
Book that I've read so far this year that I'm pretty sure will make to my top ten of the year are Major Pettigrew's Last Stand, Room, The Glass Castle, Paranormalcy and I am the Messenger, if we can count re-reads.
Other stuff to report:
- I've read five out of the ten books I listed in the post "books I must read in 2011."
- I'm on track with at least one NF book a month.
- In looking at my bookish resolutions, I'm really not doing that well, except for the NF, and perhaps the local author thing.
- I need to read more classics, more Printz, and more buzzed about books.
And I guess that's about it that I can think of to report on regarding my reading so far this year. I just know that I look at my piles and wish I could read more faster. Know the feeling?
How's it going so far for you?