I feel behind. How does one feel behind in reading for fun? I'm trying to "catch up" but not sure if I succeeded as of yet. Here's what I read this month:
Lord of Chaos by Robert Jordan: Rand continues to gain followers and make powerful enemies. Perrin is back to help, Mat continues to evolve into an unlikely leader, the Forsaken plot like mad and the girls rise in the ranks.
If I Stay by Gayle Forman: After a fatal car accident, Mia reviews and ponders her life while hanging onto life support.
Skellig by David Almond: A young boy discovers a strange being in the old beat up garage of his new house.
City of Bones by Cassandra Clare: Clary meets the Shadow Hunters, becomes one herself, is especially attracted to Jace, and learns all about a whole new world.
Monsters of Men by Patrick Ness: Todd and Viola fight to keep the peace against the tyranny and craziness of the Mayer and the unfamiliar culture of the Spackle.
The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie by Alan Bradley: Flavia becomes a master sleuth as she forages around for clues to the death of the strange man in the garden.
The Pun Also Rises by John Pollack: A study on the history of puns and how they are important in society as a whole.
While I enjoyed all of them, none of them really particularly stand out! What's up with that? If I Stay perhaps does a little. City of Bones had its moments. But so did Lord of Chaos and Monsters of Men. Skellig was different enough to stand out a bit too. Hmmmmm.... hard to really say a favorite this month!
Plans for May:
- Read A Wizard of Earthsea for book club
- Finish up The Name of the Wind, which I am half way into and totally immersed with at the moment!
- Perhaps get a start on the next Wheel of Time?
- UTAH AUTHOR MONTH!! (More details on that tomorrow!) But I hope to read a ton of Utah authors this month including, but not limited to:
- Reiyalindis by Cory Poulson
- Back When You Were Easier to Love by Emily Wing Smith
- Princess of Glass by Jessica Day George
- I Don't Want to Kill You by Dan Wells
- The Princess and the Bear by Mette Ivie Harrison
- Forest Born by Shannon Hale
- The Hero of Ages by Brandon Sanderson
- Band of Sisters by Annette Lyon
- The 13th Reality Book Three by James Dashner
- The Candy Shop War by Brandon Mull
- ....for starters.
It's going to be a fun month! I hope you join me for the celebration!