Sunday, April 24, 2011

The Sunday Salon: Happy Easter!


Happy Easter to all celebrating! Here's my musings for the day:

Outside my window: It's actually a beautiful sunshiny Easter day! Who knew it could come through for us!

I am listening to: Josh Groban, yes. This very moment it's Weeping, awesome song.

I am watching: Nothing at this very moment, but this weekend we watched What's Eating Gilbert Grape, and that was really quite fun. Later today we'll watch The Amazing Race and keep cheering our cowboys on, even though they keep messing up! And then we'll probably stick in Tron, which the Easter Bunny brought this morning. Or even maybe Tangled.

I am thinking: that it can't possibly be the last week of April already.

I am grateful for: celebrating Easter and all it means to me.

I am reading: A book for a TLC tour this week called The Pun Also Rises... so far it's a fun history on word play and jokes and such. Also, I just started The Name of the Wind, and yes, it's being great so far too!

I am photographing: Well, we took pictures of the kids with their Easter baskets last night. The traditional shot. Some how it's not quite the same when they are all big teenagers.

I am listing: books we talked about in book club this past week. Blog post to come soon!

I am creating: a lovely Easter dinner! Hopefully.

Around the house: nothing new and interesting. We mowed our lawn for the first time this season though! That's always exciting, right?

From the kitchen: We boiled a bunch of eggs yesterday, which means the kitchen will see lots of deviled eggs and egg salad sandwiches this next week! Yummy!

One of my favorite things: The song Stars sung by Javert in Les Mis. It could possibly be my favorite in this play. I got to see the high school do this play this past week when the 6th graders went on a field trip to the dress rehearsal. Then we went back last night to see it "for real" but it was cancelled because a pipe broke and drenched the guys' dressing room! We are hoping to try again tomorrow night. But let me just say, the kids (many of whom we've seen grow up on the stage!) are doing an amazing job! I love this musical! I don't know what it is about it exactly, but it gives me non-stop chills throughout the entire thing!

The children this week: One kid finished finals at school this past week and will now be bored to tears unless she can up her hours at work, and/or find some sort of project to do. Another kid had two tennis matches. Lost one, won one.

Plans for the week: We hope to see Les Mis tomorrow night, Wed. night we'll be seeing Young Frankenstein in SLC, Thursday night I was wanting to go to Emily Wing Smith's launch party at The King's English, and then there's the weekend with no plans that I know of.

On this date: Eight years ago, on this date, we were heading to England! Or maybe we were in transit, asleep over the Atlantic? Hmmm.... what a fun trip that was. Can we do it again?



Thanks to Ibeeeg of Polishing Mud Balls for the inspiration for this post's layout.

5 comments:

  1. I love the King's English!! I am hoping I can convince my friend who is going to be with me for Women's Conference to take a detour by there on our way to the airport.

    Have a Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to read the Pun Also Rises. I love puns and my co-workers groan when I come up with a witty one. Enjoy your books.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm excited to hear your thoughts on The Name of the Wind. So much talk about it lately!

    Gilbert Grape, unfortunately I always thought that was the best role for Leonardo Dicaprio. He hardly had to act at all. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Inside: Oh, I really hope you get a chance to go!

    Page: You would love this one then for sure!

    Jenny: Yes, I'm excited to see what I think too. What? I guess you don't like Leo? :) He did do an awesome job in that movie though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so with you on Les Mis! I saw it for the first time in London and fell in love with it. I just saw it again in February and was reminded why it moves me.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails