Sunday, August 29, 2010

The Sunday Salon: Utah Book Bloggers Party On

Once again, the wonderful crowd that is the Utah Book Bloggers gathered to get to know each other better. We met at a very windy park, ate food, talked and talked, exchanged books, and planned an upcoming project that you'll hear much about later! And once again, it was great fun!

Here's a few pictures I took. I'm sure I didn't capture everyone that was there, so sorry if I missed you!



Here's Leisha Maw and her daughter, along with Jessica from The Bluestocking Society.


Here's Melissa from One Librarian's Book Reviews, and Kim from Good Clean Reads.



Here we have Sharla from WinterWrite and Lyn from Barding Well.


Oh boy, this picture didn't turn out too great! Right into the sun!
On the left you can see Bree Despain sitting on the grass. I think Britt from Confessions of a Book Habitue is right in the sun, with Lisa Mangum to her right. Standing up in the write is Barbara Richardson.  In the pink is Jenni from Jenni Elyse. I didn't hear who is in the black sitting in front of her. Next to her, who you can't see much at all is Debbie from Cranberry Fries. And in the blue at the very edge of the picture is Julie from A Small Accomplishment.



Here's the pile of books we brought (well most of them are Natasha's!) to exchange.

This is Kika from The Book Bluff on the left and Becky from One Literature Nut on the right.

Sitting are Anna from TangognaT  and Myke from Live and Learn. (he is also the husband of long time blogger, Book Logged from A Reader's Journal, who ended up not being able to make it.)
Standing is Jason, Kim's (Good Clean Reads) husband. He was promoting a new project he's involved in that authors will be very interested in called TaleSpring.


Everyone's taking pictures! But of who?


These guys, that's who! Matt Kirby, with his ARC of The Clockwork Three, and Bree Despain with her ARC of  The Lost Saint.

Here's a picture of Natasha from Maw Books Blog!


In this one we are examining the books on the grass, trying to decide which ones we want.


More foraging for books!


Others that I remember were there, but didn't get a picture of:

Graham from Graham Chops
Catie from Book Bound

And that's all I can remember! If I left you off, feel free to yell at me bring it to my attention and I'll be sure to edit to include you!

We missed all those that couldn't come, both old and new faces! Hopefully we'll see you next time. We are thinking it will be the last Saturday in February, like last year. We hope that if we stick to the same date every year that people can plan around it. It really is a fun time and we hope to see as many of you there as can come.

20 comments:

  1. It was so much fun! You and Natasha did such a great job! Thank you so much for all your efforts!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, it looks like you all had a great time. And thanks for all the links, I have new to me blogs to explore!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a FUN party! I am so envious of shared book-talk and fellowship...I think everyone has a smile on. Could it be that way because book bloggers are soulmates?! I already envy your Utah location, now I think it's intensified. Thanks for all the great links. I'm ready to go blog-hopping! Thanks for sharing. Now we just need you to share all the recommendations you got!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a FUN party! I am so envious of shared book-talk and fellowship...I think everyone has a smile on. Could it be that way because book bloggers are soulmates?! I already envy your Utah location, now I think it's intensified. Thanks for all the great links. I'm ready to go blog-hopping! Thanks for sharing. Now we just need you to share all the recommendations you got!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay. You're my picture taking hero! This really shows a lot about what we did and the fun of the evening. It really was a nice time, and although tricky to get everyone together, so worth it! Thanks for posting all of these. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sad I missed it! It looks like a blast.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So much fun Suey! thanks for all the hard work that went into it! so fun to find out you're Drew's mom as well :D so much fun! thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It was a great evening! Thanks for all you guy's hard work. I can't wait for the next one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great recap! (But, why oh why do I always look so awesome in photos? I think it's a talent.)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay! I actually made it into a photo as well. I barely downloaded my photos late last night, so I'm hoping to get something up as well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jenni: Yes it was fun! Thanks!

    Gavin: Enjoy all these wonderful blogs!

    Inside a Book: Yes, that soul mate thing is very apparent at events such as this. It's very cool.

    Becky: I still wish I would have done a little video clip of the wind!

    Angie: We missed you tons!

    Kika: So good to meet you!

    Leisha: Yes, we are already planning it! :)

    Melissa: I think I have that same photo talent! :)

    Maw Books: Yes! But, I had a better one of you when you were talking to us all, but it was way too dark and shadowy for some reason. I'll look forward to your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic post! I'm seriously jealous you get to hang out with so many fabulous people! Maybe sometime I'll be driving through when you have a get together and I can pop in. Wouldn't that be a blast!? So glad you all had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  13. 1stdaughter: YES! We'll all hope that happens! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I wish we could get together the Texas bloggers! This looks like so much fun. Thanks for all the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That was so much fun! Thanks for all your hard work. I can't wait until the next one!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm so glad you took pictures. I forgot to bring my camera, but then again, I knew you would bring your camera and post great photos so I didn't worry about it too much. :) I'm such a slacker. It was a great party despite the wind. Thanks for helping to put it together.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I had such a lovely time. It was nice to see you after the whole summer without book club. Thanks for helping to put this together.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm sad that I wasn't able to come. Thanks for posting photos! Hopefully, I'll be there in February!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hey, I'm glowing! lol (You can tell it's me because of the baby legs dangling off to one side. hehehe)

    SO much fun!! I totally forgot my camera, too, so I'm glad to see pics!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a fun time! Wonder what a Texas Book Blogger get-together would look like?

    I thought I was, but turns out I wasn't, so now I am....I'm a new follower!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails