Booking Through Thursday is a meme today! Just what I needed because I'm so blog drained right now. Anyway, here it is:
I got this from Lorette‘s blog and couldn’t resist adopting it for all of you.
1. Favorite childhood book?
Mandy by Julie Edwards (Andrews)
2. What are you reading right now?
Children of God by Mary Doria Russell and The Eternal Ones by
3. What books do you have on request at the library?
Nothing at the moment, they all came up and have been read or returned!
4. Bad book habit?
Maybe a little rough on the books?
5. What do you currently have checked out at the library?
Children of God
Son of the Shadows
Body for Life
6. Do you have an e-reader?
7. Do you prefer to read one book at a time, or several at once?
several at once
8. Have your reading habits changed since starting a blog?
9. Least favorite book you read this year (so far?)
Beatrice and Virgil by Yann Martel
10. Favorite book you’ve read this year?
Gosh, there's so many favorites. Maybe Coop by Michael Perry
11. How often do you read out of your comfort zone?
now and then, not really often
12. What is your reading comfort zone?
literary fiction, YA
13. Can you read on the bus?
14. Favorite place to read?
couch or bed
15. What is your policy on book lending?
16. Do you ever dog-ear books?
17. Do you ever write in the margins of your books?
18. Not even with text books?
Maybe, probably, I think so.
19. What is your favorite language to read in?
That would be English
20. What makes you love a book?
amazing characters, and awesome writing
21. What will inspire you to recommend a book?
amazing characters and awesome writing
22. Favorite genre?
literary fiction, YA, fantasy
23. Genre you rarely read (but wish you did?)
more non fiction
24. Favorite biography?
25. Have you ever read a self-help book?
reading Body for Life right now
26. Favorite cookbook?
Family cookbook compilations
27. Most inspirational book you’ve read this year (fiction or non-fiction)?
I don't know on this one
28. Favorite reading snack?
M and M's
29. Name a case in which hype ruined your reading experience.
Maybe most recently with Shiver... didn't really ruin, but it wasn't as good to me as everyone was saying
30. How often do you agree with critics about a book?
31. How do you feel about giving bad/negative reviews?
I don't like to, but I will if passionate enough
32. If you could read in a foreign language, which language would you chose?
French ( I could in college) or Spanish
33. Most intimidating book you’ve ever read?
I've read half of War and Peace :) I don't know. What intimidating?
34. Most intimidating book you’re too nervous to begin?
can't think of one at the moment
35. Favorite Poet?
36. How many books do you usually have checked out of the library at any given time?
Usually around five or so
37. How often have you returned book to the library unread?
LOTS and LOTS of times
38. Favorite fictional character?
Eugenides, from The Queen's Thief series, at the moment, but there's so so many
39. Favorite fictional villain?
40. Books I’m most likely to bring on vacation?
fluffy YA books
41. The longest I’ve gone without reading.
not long at all, a day or two maybe
42. Name a book that you could/would not finish.
The Prodigal Summer by Barbara Kingsolver
43. What distracts you easily when you’re reading?
big people crowds, conversations around me
44. Favorite film adaptation of a novel?
Pride and Prejudice, Lord of the Rings
45. Most disappointing film adaptation?
46. The most money I’ve ever spent in the bookstore at one time?
Probably around $100
47. How often do you skim a book before reading it?
Not often at all. Not a fan of spoiling
48. What would cause you to stop reading a book half-way through?
blatant crudeness and lewdness and nothing is happening
49. Do you like to keep your books organized?
50. Do you prefer to keep books or give them away once you’ve read them?
51. Are there any books you’ve been avoiding?
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
52. Name a book that made you angry.
The Nanny Diaries
53. A book you didn’t expect to like but did?
Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
54. A book that you expected to like but didn’t?
I'm sure there's one buy it's not coming to mind!
55. Favorite guilt-free, pleasure reading?
ALL reading! :)