Yeah, so that didn't work well this week:
As you can see, they are all books I really NEEDED to get. For instance, continuation of series that I've committed to, local authors that I'm anxious to support, great bargains that I couldn't pass up, and even a "for fun" one that I just got a kick out of and will have fun blogging about I'm guessing.
So yeah, so much for that "maybe I should stop buying books for awhile" thought. Never going to happen.
This week, it's been a bad bad reading week. I didn't read much of anything. That's because it was one of the craziest weeks of the summer to date. Let me just recap for you in a nice bullet list:
- I participated in the annual event at the local university where people come from all over to go to classes of all sorts for a very minimal fee... we call it Education Week. This means I dropped all other responsibilities and went to "school" from 8 to 4 every day.
- My sister in law had her baby, and we visited her one night and were on call for her other kids several times, though they never ended up coming over
- My 88 year old grandma got sick and we were all prepared to "let" her pass on. That was scary, but as far as I know, she is now doing better and maybe we won't have to say good bye just yet.
- All three kids got sore throats and sniffles.
- We supported the church picnic, but thankfully, I wasn't in charge this year!
- We bought (yes BOUGHT) all four seasons of Prison Break and have continued, every night, with the marathon.
- We sent one son off to Lake Powell for scout camp.
- My sister came and slept over one night.
- We went to the county fair to see if Toto's things she entered got placed. One of her pictures is going to the State Fair. We think that's pretty cool.
- We went to the Writing for Charity even last night and supported the local authors in their endeavors to earn money for low income kids to get books. Now that was a fun thing to do!
Toto with her picture that's moving on to the State Fair.
Grandma, shown in the middle here, at Grandpa's 90th birthday party.
James Dashner and Shannon Hale emcee at last night's event.
(You do know that Shannon Hale is very pregnant with twins, thus the wheelchair, right?)
On the panel you'll see (from left to right) James Dashner, Brandon Sanderson, Bree Despain, Sara Zarr, Ally Condie, Jessica Day George, Brandon Mull and Shannon Hale.
Meanwhile, the only reading I got done was between the classes on campus and that was only now and then. So I haven't much to report on that front, just trying to finish Children of God, started The Eternal Ones, and hoping to read more in Bleak House today.
But hey, I do have lots of new books to add the piles!
However, this week, everything will get dropped in favor of Mockingjay! Wow, I can't believe it's finally here! Happy reading everyone!