Today, Danielle, who hosts this fun meme over at There's a Book, asks this question:
If you could travel anywhere in the world for 24 hours, where would you go?
Okay, so this 24 hour thing is just too much of a limitation, don't you think? That's like barely long enough to escape to my mountains that are literally five minutes away! But that's not a bad idea, escape to the mountains for 24 hours, just me, my books, maybe some music, and lots of good food!
BUT, if I had a little longer? Here's what I'd do:
If I had TWO WEEKS, there's so many places I'd go. Some that top the list are:
- The Boston area including Cape Code and Plymouth Plantation
- The greater New England area
- Prince Edward Island
- French Canada
If I had ONE MONTH I would travel all over mainland Europe. Wow there's so much I want to see there:
- San Sebastian Spain and visit our family friend who's been begging for years for us to come.
- Paris, just because
- Switzerland, where my great grandpa is from
- Italy, and eat just like Elizabeth Gilbert
- Greece, ancient ruins and Pompeii
- Austria, the Sound of Music of course
- The Netherlands, and the Secret Annex, and where my great grandma is from
If I had a WHOLE SUMMER I would love to spend the whole thing in Great Britain. Here's what I'd do:
- see every castle I can
- breathe the air in Ireland and take tons of pictures
- Camelot ruins, and any other Arthur "sites" I can find
- Loch Ness
- explore the moors
- every literary site I can dream up
- learn London inside and out
- oh man, I guess that's a start. There's so much I can't even remember it all now!
Okay, so I cheated a little (a lot) on this question, but it was fun!
Where would you go?