Friday, February 6, 2009

Book Fair Loot


I bought a lot this time.... but it's all for a good cause, right? Right! Here's what I came home with:


Purplicious by Victoria and Elizabeth Kann: For Toto to give to her teacher.

The Haunting of Derek Stone by Tony Abbott: Because Toto said she really wanted it!

Models Don't Eat Chocolate Cookies by Erin Dionne: Because the author commented!

The 39 Clues: The Maze of Bones by Rick Riordan: For Moder's birthday, and because we need to see what these books are all about.

Fairest by Gail Carson Levine: Because Toto read the first page and decided she HAD to have it... besides, she won the student drawing and got to pick a free book!
The Boy Who Dared by Susan Campbell Bartoletti: Because everyone's been saying how good it is... and besides, my water bottle totally leaked on it and so I HAD to buy it! Poor book.

Violet Raines Almost Got Struck by Lightning by Danette Haworth: Because we had a great book talker that made Toto decided this was also a book she really needed to read.

Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Last Straw by Jeff Kinney: Because we need book three for our set and besides that, the series is one of the best!

Every Soul a Star by Wendy Mass: Because our great book talker said it was good.

Gossamer by Lois Lowry: Because it was a good hardback, and it's on my Dewey Challenge list.

Chains by Laurie Halse Anderson: Because this one has been making a buzz and I need to read it.

Palace of Mirrors by Margaret Peterson Haddix: Because it was another great hardback deal and looks so good!


Yeah! Fun books! I'm so excited!

10 comments:

  1. you were busy at the book fair! Looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, wow, wow! You got some great books! Almost all of those are either authors I love or books I hope to read. I can't wait to read your reviews!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been intrigued by Tbe 39 Clues as well, I noticed it in the book order. Let us know!

    Wehave the last Wimpy Kid too, my 9 yo daughter loves them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That is an impressive lot! We had fun at the book fair too and Bronson got the new "Diary of a Whimpy Kid" that he was so worried they would be out of. You guys do a great job with the book fair, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is some great loot! Trying hard not to be jealous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I should get busy and read them all now, shouldn't I.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a great pile of books. Hope you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey now! You came away with quite a good deal there! :) Love the book fair! I think the author DVD they showed in library sold Violet Raines, not the book talker, m'dear. Let me know if it was any good, k? I'm looking forward to your reviews on the rest, too. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails