Now for my letter: Ten of my favorite things beginning with T!
1. TV: I'm sorry to say. I've tried to not like it. But awhile back, I gave up and now I embrace my addiction. I blame it on my parents for not replacing our broken TV back when I was in junior high. We then went for years, all through high school, without one! Can you even imagine! :) My TV show addictions are: Heroes, Lost, American Idol, Amazing Race, Survivor, Friday Night Lights, Pushing Daises, Chuck, Jon and Kate Plus Eight, Little People Big World.... for starters.
2. Tee Shirts. I love 'em. I live in 'em. I hate have to wear anything else. So uncomfortable and itchy and binding! My fashion sense is non-existent and so far, I don't care much.
3. Thunder: Big booming storms in the summer. I love them. So far, I've not experienced any scary storms, and if I do, this love may change. But at this point, thunder storms are fun and exciting and to be enjoyed.
4. Tiesto: Strange, but interesting music that I especially love to clean the house to! But I think if I went to a concert, I might leave with a headache. Perhaps I'd burn a lot of calories though! See what you think:
5. Traveling: Something I love to do, even if it is sometimes stressful. We've been able to go to some cool places so far. For instance: two cruises to Mexico, a trip to England, Scotland and Denmark, a drive down the Oregon Coast, Hawaii twice, an adventure in Washington DC, and also New York City. I dream of going back to England and spending much more time there. Also, adding Spain, Switzerland, Italy and Greece to the line up. I need to see Canada someday too, and many many places in the US. There's lots left to explore in the world. (The picture below is me standing at the Tower of London right on the spot where Ann Boleyn was beheaded. Gruesome, but thrilling nonetheless.)
6. Tomatoes: mostly the ones I grow in my own garden. During tomato season, I have a BLT (without the L usually, not a big fan of L... and with bacon bits, not real bacon) every single day. Pretty much the yummiest lunch ever.
7. Trees: especially the big huge pine ones up in the mountains. They smell so good. And the quakies up there too. Great big shade trees that provide a picnic spot are very nice too.
8. Time: I really love it and wish I had more! But then again, sometimes I wish it would totally stop too, because it moves just a bit too fast for me.
9. Technology: I embrace it all. Everything is pretty cool to me, and I'm wowed by all we can do these days. When I'm an 80 year old grandma, I hope I'm still embracing it and able to keep up with everything that will be new at that time.
10. Teachers: We need them, we need good ones, and we need more of them. I appreciate the wonderful ones I had, and I appreciate the wonderful ones my kids currently enjoy. Great teachers really are the best!
Okay, that's it for now. I'm sure there'll be something I'll think about and go "D'OH!" But oh, well. So, now speak up if you want a letter so you can join in the game.