Wednesday, February 11, 2009

The Bookword Game: Time to Vote!



The first installment of The Bookword Game is well underway! Thank you everyone for your great suggestions over at An Adventure in Reading . We really appreciate so many of you participating.

As a reminder, here is the definition of the bookword we are currently attempting to create:

"What do you call a book that everyone else loves, but you hate? Everyone is raving about it, but you just don't get it."

Raidergirl3 and I have pondered the list and have chosen our top favorites. Here are the bookwords that made the cut:

A Bafflebook - submitted by
BookPsmith

A Blue Cheese Book - submitted by
Farm Lane Books

A "Twilight Zone" Book - submitted by
Chris at Book-a-rama

A RecommenDUD - submitted by
SuziQoregon at Wimpulsive

A "That's it?" Book - submitted by
Chantele


A NIMHO Book (where NIMHO stands for Not In My Humble Opinion)- submitted by John Mutford at The Book Mine Set


A "Huh?" Book - submitted by Beth Fish Reads

A BADwagon Book - submitted by Julie at A Small Accomplishment

And now it's time to vote! Please use the embedded poll to cast your vote. (Hopefully this works. At the time of this writing, I can't tell!) Comments are welcome too, but we'll tally the winner from what the official poll says. We'll leave the poll open through Monday, then announce the winner on Wednesday here at It's All About Books. Also at that time, I'll give the next book situation that we think needs a word, and take suggestions for a week. Then we'll vote on that new bookword the next week at An Adventure in Reading.

Get it? Whew, I hope so! :)


14 comments:

  1. Ooh. These are so good. I was torn among the Bafflebook, RecommenDUD, and BADwagon book.

    Jessica @ The Bluestocking Society

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are good ones. I voted...and will spread the word about the vote!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I voted, too. I'm behind in Google Reader, as always, but Serena told me to head on over here quick. LOL

    --Anna
    Diary of an Eccentric

    ReplyDelete
  4. I voted! I've been waiting for the voting to come up because I haven't stopped thinking about RecommenDUD. What a perfect word.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think "RecommenDUD" is really good but I finally voted for "A Blue Cheese Book" because that really resonates with me. I don't understand how other people can like blue cheese?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for all the votes so far everyone! Keep spreading the news to get even more voters here!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a neat idea! I voted for RecommenDUD :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I didn't even vote for my own. Love "RecommenDUD"

    ReplyDelete
  9. I liked the RecommenDUD and the idea behind Blue Cheese - but in the end I decided I would be confused as I like Blue Cheese so why would I call a disliked book after a liked food :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a bunch of great submissions! This is fun. I just came upon your blog and am glad I did. Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ring-Around-the-Dozey? (Watch out - they say it's contagious!! I voted recommenDUD though!! Funny! Thanks for the laughs.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like to refer to this as a "What the Book?" experience.

    I also like "Badwagon." Hope it wins.

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOL. Those are great! But, I had to go with "RecommenDUD" 'cause it fits PERFECTLY! ;)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails