Friday, January 2, 2009

Top Ten Lists of 2008

The books I loved this year:

Regular Top Ten

Moloka'i by Alan Brennert
Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson
The Host by Stephenie Meyer
Snow Flower and the Secret Fan by Lisa See
The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch
The Uncommon Reader by Alan Bennett
The Lace Reader by Brunonia Barry
The Story of My Life by Helen Keller
Bird by Bird by Anne Lamott
The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay by Michael Chabon

Top Ten YA (and JF)

Life As We Knew It by Susan Beth Pfeffer
13 Little Blue Envelopes by Maureen Johnson
No Talking by Andrew Clements
An Abundance of Katherines by John Green
The City of Ember by Jeanne duPrau
Brisingr by Christopher Paolini
The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
Paper Towns by John Green
A Crooked Kind of Perfect by Linda Urban
The Adoration of Jenna Fox by Mary E. Pearson

Honorable Mentions

Magyk by Angie Sage
Found by Margaret Peterson Haddix
Farworld: Water Keep by J. Scott Savage
Alcatraz vs. The Evil Librarians by Brandon Sanderson
Just Listen by Sarah Dessen
Isolde, Queen of the Western Isle by Rosalind Miles
The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger
The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick

Amazing Re-reads

The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee

6 comments:

  1. That's a great top ten list! Moloka'i and Snow Flower and the Secret Fan are two of my all-time favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to mark these lists, we often enjoy the same books, even though I'm not into the fantasy as much.

    I want to read Moloka'i, Kavalier and Clay, John Green, and The City of Ember.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love end of year lists! I find more titles to add to my TBR list. Molokai and Snow Flower are two of my favorite books ever (read in 2007) and I loved Bird by Bird too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Moloka'i was a great book. Several on your YA list that I want to read.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found your blog thru mawsbook blog and good clean reads. You have a great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the great list. Bookmarked, and to be referred to often!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails