One of the things I wanted to do this year was work in sprucing up the blog a bit. It's getting too boring or something. Anyway, the perfect way to do this is by participating in Kim's (Sophisticated Dorkiness) Blog Improvement Project. What great ideas she's dishing out to us all! A new one every week.
And of course, I'm already a week behind!
So, for the first week (which was last week), Kim suggests we think about the purpose of our blog and come up with specific goals. I did that a little bit in this post, but those were more general goals and reading goals too.
So the purpose of my blog: To have fun sharing what I'm reading with the world! To have an outlet for the enthusiasm I have for reading. And to have fun trying to be creative with it at the same time. My purpose is not to make money, not to become the most popular book blogger on the planet (though I do get jealous of you popular ones!), and not to have it take over other areas of my life.
- keep up with posting often, even on those days when I think there's no one reading so why try.
- comment more, even when I feel like I have nothing to add to an already rousing discussion.
- be less shy about advertising and promoting my blog (I love how some of you have business cards for your blog! I want to do that! Maybe....)
- continue to participate in things, like The Blog Improvement Project, and support other bloggers and their projects
- clean up the look of my blog (I've been working a little on this already, but it's still in progress.)
And this week, we are given ideas on what to do if we are stuck for ideas. Kim links to some great articles HERE. The point is to then keep some of those ideas handy for when we feel that blog fog setting in. Also, she suggests for us to come up with a regular feature for our blog, something that is unique to us. I love this idea! I want my own feature! :)
(.....several hours later..... )
I guess I'll have to keep pondering on what feature would work for me. So far, nothing too cool is jumping out at me. I guess it'll have to be one of those middle of the night inspirations, or something. Anyway, stay tuned.