Thursday, September 25, 2008

Joining Lit Flicks Challenge


I've been fighting the urge to join the Lit Flicks Challenge. That's quite obvious since it started a month ago now and I'm just now finally deciding to do it. Why now? Because I realized that many of the books I already had planned fit the criteria. So why NOT?

This challenge is hosted by Jessica at The Bluestocking Society and here are the rules:

1. Challenge runs from September 1, 2008 to February 28, 2009.
2. Read 5 books/pieces of literature that have been made into movies.
3. Then watch at least 2 of the movie adaptations of the works you read.
4. Your list may change at any time and may include overlaps with other challenges.

So my list of five books are (at this point anyway):

1. To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
2. Jamaica Inn by Daphne du Maurier
3. Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte
4. The Dark is Rising by Susan Cooper
5. All The Pretty Horses by Cormac McCarthy
Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. I joined this one too, for the same reasons. I was already reading them, so why not? I just read To Kill a Mockingbird and loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Suey, welcome aboard!! I'm so glad that you decided to join the Lit Flicks Challenge. I should have waited a while to make my own list, because I'm so inspired by everyone else's list.

    I just read To Kill a Mockingbird for the library's Big Read. Maybe I'll see you at one of the events!

    Jessica @ The Bluestocking Society
    http://thebluestockings.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails