I've been fighting the urge to join the Lit Flicks Challenge. That's quite obvious since it started a month ago now and I'm just now finally deciding to do it. Why now? Because I realized that many of the books I already had planned fit the criteria. So why NOT?
This challenge is hosted by Jessica at The Bluestocking Society and here are the rules:
1. Challenge runs from September 1, 2008 to February 28, 2009.
2. Read 5 books/pieces of literature that have been made into movies.
3. Then watch at least 2 of the movie adaptations of the works you read.
4. Your list may change at any time and may include overlaps with other challenges.
So my list of five books are (at this point anyway):
1. To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
2. Jamaica Inn by Daphne du Maurier
3. Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte
4. The Dark is Rising by Susan Cooper
5. All The Pretty Horses by Cormac McCarthy
Wish me luck!