Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Review: Sun and Moon, Ice and Snow by Jessica Day George


Book: Sun and Moon, Ice and Snow by Jessica Day George
Genre: YA Fantasy
Rating: A-

This is my first book read for the YA Romance Challenge that I recently joined. However, there really wasn't much romance in it. I wanted more! Oh, well.

BUT... it was a great fairy tale, complete with princes, talking animals, bad trolls, a mean mom and an evil queen. But instead of a damsel in distress, we have "the lass" who is actually a very strong girl and gets stuff done!

I loved the hint of a "beauty and the beast" story and all the references to Norwegian culture. This one is actually based on a Norwegian fairy tale called "East of the Sun, West of the Moon" one I've never heard of.

Anyway, I loved it! Great story! Read it when you're in that fairy tale mood!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails